David Lawrence Rare Coins’ first Sunday Internet Auction (#976) of September offers a fantastic selection of 425 new items, 80 No Reserve lots and 35 Vault Value selections. All lots will begin closing at 8pm EST on Sunday, September 3.
Some of the more interesting highlights from this week’s sale include:
- (1694) Elephant LONDON 1/2 P PCGS/CAC MS64 BN (Thick Planchet)
- 1776 Continental Dollar $1 NGC MS63 (EG FECIT, Pewter)
- 1806 1/2c PCGS AU55+ (Small 6, Stems)
- 1840 1c NGC MS66 BN (Large Date, N-6)
- 1863 3cS PCGS MS66
- 1871 3cS NGC Proof 67
- 1927 5c NGC MS67
- 1936 5c PCGS Proof 68 (Type 1, Satin)
- 1936 5c PCGS/CAC Proof 68 (Type 1, Satin)
- 1937 5c NGC Proof 68
- 1797 H10c PCGS/CAC XF40 (15 Stars)
- 1857-O H10c PCGS/CAC MS66+
- 1871 H10C NGC Proof 67 UCAM
- 1857-O 10c PCGS MS66
- 1874 10c PCGS MS67 (Arrows)
- 1859 10c NGC Proof 66 CAM
- 1881 10c NGC Proof 68 CAM
- 1894-O 10c PCGS MS64
- 1852 25c PCGS/CAC MS66
- 1863 25c NGC MS66+
- 1910 25c NGC Proof 68 CAM
- 1806 50c PCGS/CAC AU55 (Pointed 6, No Stems)
- 1831 50c NGC MS65
- 1859-O 50c NGC MS65+
- 1874 50c PCGS Proof 65 (Arrows)
- 1892-S 50c NGC MS66
- 1903-O 50c NGC MS65
- 1859-S $1 PCGS MS62
- 1880-CC $1 PCGS MS65 DMPL
- 1890-O $1 PCGS MS65 DMPL
- 1900 $1 PCGS MS65 PL
- 1824/1 $2 1/2 NGC MS62
- 1880-S $10 NGC MS64
- 1896-S $10 NGC MS63
- 1911 $10 PCGS MS65
- 1870 Pattern 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 64 RB (J-929)
This week’s first highlight is an 1824/1 $2 1/2 NGC MS62. A rare Capped Bust Quarter Eagle from a mintage of just 2,600 pieces. Lustrous surfaces with fantastic eye appeal. Only 20 others graded higher by NGC.
This week’s second highlight coin is a 1776 Continental Dollar $1 NGC MS63 (EG FECIT, Pewter). In the third edition of The Top 100 Greatest U.S. Coins, the 1776 Continental Dollars ranked 10th. The Continental Dollar offered here is the EG FECIT variety in which the EG stands for Elisha Gallaudet, the designer. The term FECIT is Latin for “Made it.” This example has gorgeous surfaces and very impressive eye appeal with only eight others graded higher by NGC. It is estimated that only between 20 and 25 total Mint State examples remaining.
Our third auction highlight is an 1852 25c PCGS/CAC MS66. A beautiful, scarce seated quarter date with unusually nice, original surfaces. Tied for the finest graded by PCGS with only a single piece graded finer by NGC. CAC approved for quality.
Of course there are many other highlights, so be sure to browse all lots in this exciting new sale before it closes on Sunday, September 3.
If you have any questions about coins in our auctions, or items for direct purchase, please call us at 800-776-0560, or send an email and we will get back to you immediately.
Thanks for browsing our inventory and participating in our auction!
* * *
READY TO SELL A COIN OR COLLECTION?
We always need coins. When you are ready to sell, we’re here for you. David Lawrence offers three options that provide maximum flexibility to meet your needs, while providing the highest quality personal service in the industry:
- You can sell your coins to us outright.
- You can consign your coins.
- You can participate in our Guaranteed Auction Program.
When the time comes to consider selling your coins, we’ll help you realize the highest amount for your collection.