Stack’s Bowers Galleries conducts live, Internet and specialized auctions of rare U.S. and world coins and currency and ancient coins, as well as direct sales through retail and wholesale channels. The company’s 80-year legacy includes the cataloging and sale of many of the most valuable United States coin and currency collections to ever cross an auction block — The John J. Ford, Jr., The Louis E. Eliasberg, Sr. Collections, The Harry W. Bass, Jr. Collection, The Norweb Collection, The Cardinal and The Battle Born Collection — to name just a few. World coin and currency collections include The Louis E. Eliasberg, Sr. Collection of World Gold Coins, The Kroisos Collection, The Alicia and Sidney Belzberg Collection, The Wa She Wong Collection, The Guia Collection, The Thos. H. Law Collection, and The Robert O. Ebert Collection.
Topping off this amazing numismatic history is the inclusion of the world record for the highest price ever realized at auction for a rare coin, the 1794 Flowing Hair Silver Dollar graded Specimen-66 (PCGS) that realized over $10 million, part of their sale of the famed Cardinal Collection.
The company is headquartered in Irvine, California, with offices in New York, Wolfeboro, Hong Kong, and Paris. Stack’s Bowers Galleries is an Official Auctioneer for several important numismatic conventions, including American Numismatic Association events, the New York International Numismatic Convention, the Professional Numismatists Guild New York Invitational, the Whitman Coin & Collectibles Spring, Summer and Winter Expos, and our April and August Hong Kong Auctions.
About The D. Brent Pogue Collection Auctions
Formed over the past five decades, the The D. Brent Pogue Collection was the most valuable collection of United States coins ever sold ans is considered as the finest collection of early American coinage assembled in our lifetime
The collection was started in the 1970s by D. Brent Pogue with the active participation and encouragement of his father, Dallas real estate developer A. Mack Pogue. Brent began the careful study of early American coins as a teenager and soon after, Mack and Brent were familiar faces in auction galleries whenever the most significant or finest known examples were crossing the block
Stack’s Bowers Auctions auctioned the D. Brent Pogue Collection in five installments over a two-year span from 2015 to 2017.
Be sure to view the videos and articles posted in the Stack’s Bowers CoinWeek Archives below for a full showing and analysis of the Pogue Collection
Consign or Sell Your Collection to Maximize Your Results
Here are a few unique attributes offered by Stack’s Bowers Galleries
- We are the leader at achieving the highest prices at auction. We are the world-record holder for the most expensive coin ever sold at auction along with the world-record for the most expensive piece of U.S. currency ever sold.
- Our catalogs have won more Catalog of the Year awards than any other firm.
- Our team of experts is the best of any numismatic auction house in the world. Led by Chairman Emeritus and numismatic legend Q. David Bowers, our team of rare coin and currency specialists includes many well-known and award winning U.S. and World numismatic scholars. With a combined over 1250 years of experience among them, our highly skilled professionals will ensure your coins and currency will be showcased to their full advantage.
- We offer unparalleled expertise in all areas of numismatics and our team of experts is the finest of any numismatic auction house in the world.
- Over 40 financial institutions, banks and trust companies; over 70 museums, universities, colleges and historical societies; and numerous highly experienced trustees and boards of directors have chosen Stack’s Bowers Galleries to showcase and sell their collection of coins, medals, tokens and paper money.