The Royal Canadian Mint’s newest release of collector coins continues to showcase Canada through a striking combination of craftsmanship and innovation. Creative shapes, sophisticated applications of color and selective gold plating are but a few of the eye-catching features to be found on these new keepsakes, which are available for purchase as of today.
By turning its popular egg-shaped coins upside down, the Mint has created a novel and fitting tribute to Canada’s numerous ballooning festivals on the 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Hot Air Balloons. Designed by artist Calder Moore, it features a vibrantly colored scene of a balloon flotilla, including one displaying a red and white maple leaf design, rising over a majestic Canadian landscape on a perfect summer morning.
A new leaf shape is also found on the 2017 $250 Fine Silver Coin – Maple Leaf Forever, whose antiqued finish dramatically highlights Lisa Thomson-Khan’s design of the Mint’s newest kilo silver coin.
The celebration of Canada 150 continues to echo on two new large-scale creations: the 2017 $50 Fine Silver Coin – Canadian Icons, a 5 oz. coin on which designer Tami Mayrand has cleverly arranged red-colored symbols of Canada in a maple leaf pattern and the stunning five-kilo 2017 $500 Fine Silver Coin – Canada from Coast to Coast to Coast, whose traditionally engraved illustration of Canada’s diverse regions was created by artist Steve Hepburn.
The popular celebration of hockey also returns on the John Mantha-designed 2017 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Learning to Play series. These coins feature each of Canada’s NHL® teams (Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver) through individual scenes of young children, sporting their favorite team jersey, learning the game from their parents in a classic outdoor setting.
Other celebrations of Canada include:
- The 2017 $25 Fine Silver Coin – The Great Seal of Canada, featuring the Mint’s first application of selective gold plating over ultra-high relief;
- The 2018 5-Ounce Fine Silver Coin – Big Coin Series: Dollar, featuring Emanuel Hahn’s timeless “Voyageur” design;
- The 2017 $30 Fine Silver 3-Coin Set – Phases of the Moon, designed by Pacific Northwest First Nations artist Andy Everson, whose creative addition of translucent enamel illustrates the progression of the moon cycle;
- The 2017 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Autumn’s Palette, featuring a colored design by Tony Bianco;
- The 2017 $15 Fine Silver Coin – Great Canadian Outdoors: Nature Walk at Sunrise, designed by Joel Kimmel and featuring early dawn and morning scenes achieved through glow-in-the-dark technology;
- The 2018 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Mother Nature’s Magnification: Morning Dew featuring a 3D Droplet magnifying part of a colored illustration of a crab apple tree branch by artist Margaret Best;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Under The Sea: Sea Turtle, designed by Maurice Gervais and embellished with a sea turtle “murini mosaic” element handcrafted by glass artist Loïc Beaumont-Tremblay;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Bejeweled Bugs: Bee, whose design featuring a jewel-encrusted bee was created by artist Jori van der Linde;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – From Sea to Sea to Sea: Atlantic Starfish, designed by Tony Bianco;
- The 2017 $50 Fine Silver Coin – Monarch Migration whose striking color illustration of a Monarch butterfly appearing on a three oz. coin was created by artist Graham Spaull;
- The 2017 $500 Pure Gold Coin – Red Tailed Hawk features Emily Damstra’s artwork in an impressive 5 oz. format;
- The 2018 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Three-Dimensional Approaching Canada Goose designed by Matt Bowen;
- The 2018 $50 Fine Silver Coin – Holiday Splendor, featuring a Marie-Élaine Cusson poinsettia design embellished by a red Murano glass element;
- The 2017 Holiday Gift Set; and,
- The double crystal-enhanced 2017 $3 Fine Silver Coin Zodiac Series – Libra (October), designed by Pandora Young.
Mintages, pricing and full background information on each coin can be found on the “Shop” tab of www.mint.ca. All of these products can be ordered directly from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or online at www.mint.ca. The coins are also available at the Royal Canadian Mint’s boutiques in Ottawa, Winnipeg and Vancouver, as well as through our global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.
* * *
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the Crown Corporation responsible for the minting and distribution of Canada’s circulation coins. An ISO 9001-2008 certified company, the Mint is recognized as one of the largest and most versatile mints in the world, offering a wide range of specialized, high quality coinage products and related services on an international scale. For more information on the Mint, its products and services, visit www.mint.ca.
Canadian Silver Maple Leafs Currently Available on eBay
|View all items...||(Powered by: WP eBay Ads)|