Open sessions will be broadcast live on Money.org and WorldsFairofMoney.com
The American Numismatic Association (ANA) Board of Governors will hold two open session meetings during the 2015 World’s Fair of Money. The final open session for the 2013-2015 board will be held at 8 a.m. Friday, August 14 in Room 21 of the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois. The 2015-2017 Board of Governors will convene at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, August 15, in Room 21.
The meetings will be broadcast online at Money.org and WorldsFairofMoney.com with replays available immediately afterward on the ANA’s YouTube channel.
The full agendas for both board meetings are online at Money.org/minutes-agendas.
Highlights from the Aug. 14 open session include:
- The nomination of Florida United Numismatists (FUN) as the host club for the 2017 National Money Show in Orlando
- The nomination of Cindy Wibker as the host chairperson for the 2017 National Money Show in Orlando
- A presentation by Colorado Springs Camp No. 7226 Modern Woodmen of America Educational Trust, which has pledged to donate approximately $163,000 to be used for the ANA College Scholarship Fund. This donation was approved by the board at the 2015 National Money Show in March
Highlights from the Aug. 15 open session include:
- Site selection for the 2018 and 2019 National Money Shows
- Approval of corporate and special officers for the 2015-2017 board term
The World’s Fair of Money is the nation’s premier money show, featuring the most expansive educational programs and best numismatic inventory of any summer show. The show features more than 1,000 numismatic dealers; major auctions by Stack’s Bowers Galleries and Heritage Auctions; the ANA’s signature Museum Showcase, exhibiting some of the world’s most valuable and beautiful coins and paper money; the Collector Exhibits area; as well as educational presentations and seminars.
Show hours are 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, Aug. 11-14, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for Free Admission Day on Saturday, Aug. 15. Public admission is $6 for adults and free for children 12 and younger. ANA members are admitted free, and admission is free for everyone on the final day of the show.
For more information, go to WorldsFairofMoney.com.