By David Lawrence Rare Coins ……
Our Sunday Internet Auction #1069 offers a stunning large cent, a one year type quarter, various beautiful gold examples and a countless number of PCGS-, NGC-, and CAC-certified pieces. In all, there’s a vast selection of 300 New Items, featuring 90 No Reserve Lots and 20 Vault Value Items. All lots will begin closing at 8 pm EST on Sunday, June 16.
The first highlight coin is an 1837 1c PCGS/CAC MS65+ RD (N-16, Medium Letters) ex: Naftzger Collection. A stunningly beautiful later date large cent from the collection of Ted Naftzger. Beautiful reddish-orange satiny, lustrous surfaces, the only noticeable mark is below the curl of hair beneath the neckline. This gorgeous piece has CAC approval and the PCGS+ grade for premium quality.
Our second highlight is an 1858-C $2 1/2 PCGS MS61 that has gorgeous original surfaces with light orange tints in the fields. A stunning example of this later issue of the Charlotte Mint that is only bested by 16 other pieces at PCGS. Only 9,056 coins struck.
The third and final highlight is an 1860 Clark, Gruber & Co. $10 NGC MS60. Made from gold drawn from the gold rush in Cripple Creek, Colorado, these pieces were produced at a privately owned bank in Denver. A lovely example of this scarce issue, the mountain of Pikes Peak is imagined on the obverse with stunning remaining luster.
Some of the other highlights from this week’s auction include:
- 1842 1/2c PCGS/CAC Proof 65+ BN (Restrike)
- 1916/1916 5c PCGS AU50 (DDO)
- 1804 10c PCGS XF Details (14 Stars Reverse, Scratch)
- 1805 10c NGC MS65 (4 Berries, JR-2)
- 1796 25c PCGS AU53
- 1842-O 25c PCGS XF45 (Small Date)
- 1854-O 25c NGC AU55 (Arrows, Huge O)
- 1943-S 25c NGC MS68
- 1834 50c NGC MS65 (Large Date, Small Letters, O-106)
- 1803 $1 PCGS AU58 (Large 3)
- 1901 $1 PCGS MS62
- 1878 7TF $1 PCGS/CAC Proof 65 CAM (Reverse of 1878)
- 1850 $2 1/2 PCGS/CAC MS64+
- 1880 $3 PCGS MS62
- 1841 $10 PCGS/CAC AU58+
- 1846-O $10 PCGS AU55 (Repunched Mint Mark)
- 1907 Saint Gaudens $20 PCGS MS66+
- 1852 Wass Molitor & Co. $10 PCGS XF40 (Small Head)
- 1937-D Texas 50c NGC MS68
There are many other highlights, so be sure to browse all lots in this exciting new sale before it closes on Sunday, June 16.
If you have any questions about coins in our auctions, or items for direct purchase, please call us at 800-776-0560, or send an email and we will get back to you immediately.
Thanks for browsing our inventory and participating in our auction!
* * *
READY TO SELL A COIN OR COLLECTION? SELL IT TO DAVID LAWRENCE RARE COINS
We always need coins. When you are ready to sell, we’re here for you. David Lawrence offers three options that provide maximum flexibility to meet your needs while providing the highest quality personal service in the industry:
- You can sell your coins to us outright.
- You can consign your coins.
- You can participate in our Guaranteed Auction Program.
When the time comes to consider selling your coins, we’ll help you realize the highest amount for your collection.