By David Lawrence Rare Coin Internet Auctions ……
This week’s sale is full of incredible PCGS-, NGC-, and CAC-approved items including a gorgeously toned 1851 $1 PCGS/CAC Proof 65 (Restrike); a flashy 1857 $1 PCGS Proof 63; a Civil War issue 1864 $5 PCGS/CAC AU58; and a choice AU 1797 Large Eagle $10 PCGS AU55 (BD-2A, R.4).
Be sure to browse and bid early – auction closes Sunday, August 30.
The first highlight is an 1857-O $2 1/2 PCGS/CAC MS62. This is a very scarce New Orleans Mint issue, of which only 34,000 coins were struck. None are known in gem condition at either service with the present example being bested by just five at PCGS. Uncommonly well-struck and beautifully preserved, the glittering surfaces show no noteworthy contact marks. The eye appeal is exceptional and the CAC approval signifies premium quality for the assigned grade.
The next highlight is an SS Central America: 1857-S Shipwreck $20 PCGS/CAC MS65 (Gold Foil). An exciting double eagle from the famous SS Central America Hoard, this lustrous gem example has beautiful yellow-gold central devices framed by deeper orange-gold toning along the rims. With such terrific eye appeal, it should be no surprise that it has received CAC approval for quality.
Our final highlight is a 1925-S $20 NGC/CAC AU58. A gorgeous slider of the key date in the Saint-Gaudens series, this coin offers bright, lustrous surfaces that display strong motifs. Outstanding eye appeal for the grade has earned it the coveted CAC sticker of approval.
Some of the other highlights include:
- 1840 1c PCGS MS64 RD (Large Date)
- 1914-D 1c PCGS MS65 RD
- 1913-D 50c PCGS/CAC MS66+
- 1914-S 50c PCGS/CAC MS66+
- 1918-D 50c PCGS MS65
- 1954-S 50c PCGS/CAC MS67 FBL
- 1836 Gobrecht $1 PCGS/CAC PR45 (Original, Coin Alignment)
- 1874-CC Trade$ PCGS MS64
- 1875-S/CC Trade$ PCGS MS63
- 1885-CC $1 NGC MS67+
- 1893-S $1 PCGS/CAC XF45
- 1898 $1 PCGS Proof 66 DCAM
- 1863 G$1 PCGS MS64
- 1850-C $2.5 PCGS/CAC MS61
- 1873 $10 PCGS AU53
- 1858-O $20 PCGS AU55 C. Bechtler $5 PCGS AU55 (150 Grains, 20 Carat)
- 1861 Clark Gruber $10 PCGS AU55
- 1852/1 Humbert $10 NGC AU55 (K-8)
- 1820 North West Co. Brass Token PCGS VF30
- Mexico: 1747-MO 8 Reales Spanish Colony NGC MS65 (KM#1030)
There are many other David Lawrence rare coin auction highlights, so be sure to browse all lots in this exciting new sale before it closes on Sunday, August 30.
If you have any questions about the coins in this auction, or items for direct purchase, please call us at 800-776-0560, or send an email and we will get back to you immediately.
Thanks for browsing and participating in our auction!
* * *
READY TO SELL A RARE COIN OR COLLECTION? SELL IT TO DAVID LAWRENCE
David Lawrence Rare Coins always needs coins. When you are ready to sell, we’re here for you. David Lawrence offers three options that provide maximum flexibility to meet your needs while providing the highest quality personal service in the industry:
- You can sell your coins to us outright.
- You can consign your coins.
- You can participate in our Guaranteed Auction Program.