The Sunday David Lawrence Internet Auction #960 is now live with a great selection of 350 fresh, new coins, over 90 No Reserve lots and 25 Vault Values. All lots will begin closing at 8pm EST on Sunday, May 14. Some of the more interesting highlights from this week’s sale include:
- 1797 1/2c PCGS XF45 BN (Plain Edge)
- 1877 3cN NGC/CAC Proof 65 (OH)
- 1828 50c PCGS MS64 (Sq 2, Sm 8, Lg Let.)
- 1893-S 50c PCGS MS63
- 1956 50c NGC/CAC Proof 68+ CAM (Type 1)
- 1879-CC $1 PCGS MS61 (Capped Die)
- 1881-S $1 NGC MS68
- 1882-S $1 NGC MS68
- 1887/6 $1 PCGS/CAC MS65+ PL
- 1892-CC $1 PCGS MS65 PL
- 1895-O $1 PCGS AU58
- 1900-O $1 PCGS MS67
- 1924-S $1 NGC MS65
- 1879 G$1 PCGS MS67
- 1850-C $2 1/2 PCGS AU50
- 1862 $2 1/2 PCGS MS62
- 1873 $5 PCGS MS63 (Closed 3)
- 1878 $5 PCGS/CAC MS64
- 1889-CC $20 PCGS/CAC AU53
- 1851 $50 Humbert Slug PCGS F15 (Reeded Edge, 887 Thous)
This week’s David Lawrence Internet Auction highlight selection is an 1851 $50 Humbert Slug PCGS F15 (Reeded Edge, 887 Thous). A popular issue, but also very scarce the Humbert Slugs are an important part of the history of the Western United States. In the days before the official San Francisco Mint opened, these were issued by Augustus Humbert in the Assay Office of San Francisco and the coins circulated widely in California.
Of course there are many other highlights, so be sure to browse all lots in this exciting new sale before it closes on Sunday, May 14.
If you have any questions about coins in our auctions, or items for direct purchase, please call us at 800-776-0560, or send an email to [email protected] and we will get back to you immediately.