The Current #1 Registry Set at PCGS; 144-Coin Complete Set of Silver US Commemorative Coins
September 11, 2013, Irvine, Calif. – GreatCollections is pleased to announce the sale of the Young Collection of Classic Silver Commemorative Coins, the current #1 Registry Set at PCGS for the series.
“Over the past five years, Bruce Young carefully selected each of the 144 coins in his set, earning him several PCGS Set Registry awards. Many coins are the finest graded by PCGS. As a testament to the quality Bruce selected, over 60% of the coins gained CAC approval,” said Ian Russell, President/founder of GreatCollections.
The coins will be auctioned individually in GreatCollections’ October Auctions, with bidding ending for 36 coins each on October 6th, October 13th, October 20th and October 27th. All coins are being sold unreserved and can currently be viewed at www.greatcollections.com. The complete set will be on display at the Long Beach Expo, the major coin show held in Southern California on September 26th through 28th and also by appointment at GreatCollections’ Irvine office.
Silver Commemorative Coins were issued from 1892 to 1954 to commemorate or memorialize a variety of events, including the World’s Columbian Exposition in 1892 and 1893, several U.S. State Centennials, the Hawaiian Sesquicentennial, the San Francisco – Oakland Bay Bridge Opening, the Battle of Gettysburg Anniversary and the Battle of Antietam Anniversary, among others.
Russell continued: “We are proud that Bruce selected GreatCollections to sell his #1 set. It is always a pleasure to handle coins of this stature.”
Highlights from the 144-coin set include:
- 1892 Columbian Half Dollar PCGS MS-67 CAC
- 1893 Columbian Half Dollar PCGS MS-67 CAC
- 1893 Isabella Quarter PCGS MS-67 CAC
- 1900 Lafayette Silver Dollar PCGS MS-66 CAC
- 1937 Antietam Half Dollar PCGS MS-68
- 1939 Arkansas Half Dollar PCGS MS-66+
- 1939-D Arkansas Half Dollar PCGS MS-67
- 1947-S Booker T. Washington Half Dollar PCGS MS-67 CAC (Ex. WPE)
- 1950-D Booker T. Washington Half Dollar PCGS MS-67 CAC
- 1951 Booker T. Washington Half Dollar PCGS MS-67 CAC (Ex. Heller)
- 1936-D Cincinnati Half Dollar PCGS MS-67 (Ex. Scher)
- 1936-D Columbia Half Dollar PCGS MS-68 (Ex. Scher)
- 1936 Delaware Half Dollar PCGS MS-67+ CAC
- 1922 Grant Star Half Dollar PCGS MS-66
- 1928 Hawaiian Half Dollar PCGS MS-66
- 1946 Iowa Half Dollar PCGS MS-68+ CAC (Ex. Scher)
- 1920 Maine Half Dollar PCGS MS-67 CAC (Ex. Scher)
- 1936 Long Island Half Dollar PCGS MS-67
- 1921 Missouri Half Dollar PCGS MS-66
- 1921 Missouri 2×2 Half Dollar PCGS MS-66
- 1923-S Monroe Half Dollar PCGS MS-66
- 1934-D Oregon Half Dollar PCGS MS-67+ CAC (Ex. Scher)
- 1938-S Oregon Half Dollar PCGS MS-68 CAC
- 1939-D Oregon Half Dollar PCGS MS-68 (Ex. Scher)
- 1939-S Oregon Half Dollar PCGS MS-68 CAC (Ex. Heller)
- 1915-S Panama-Pacific Half Dollar PCGS MS-67
- 1921 Pilgrim Half Dollar PCGS MS-67
- 1935 Spanish Trail Half Dollar PCGS MS-67 CAC
- 1927 Vermont Half Dollar PCGS MS-67
- 1953 Washington-Carver PCGS MS-67
- 1936 Wisconsin Half Dollar PCGS MS-68
GreatCollections is an auction and direct sale venue for PCGS, NGC and ANACS certified coins, as well as coins approved by CAC. GreatCollections handles each coin transaction from start to finish. For sellers, GreatCollections offers professional imaging for each coin, cash advances as appropriate, and other individualized services generally not available with the large auction houses and other websites, freeing the seller to do nothing except collect the proceeds of the sale. Buyers benefit by entrusting a venue whose principals have years of coin experience and whose reputations in the industry are impeccable.
To register to bid, view highlights or find out more information about the Young Collection, please visit www.greatcollections.com or telephone 1-800-44-COINS (1-800-442-6467).