This year’s July 11-14 Summer FUN Signature Auction is packed with collector coins in virtually all denominations. One of the highlights of this year’s event is an appearance of one of the legendary wrong planchet errors in U.S. Mint history — a 1943 cent struck on a bronze planchet, certified XF45 by PCGS. This is simply one of the ultimate collector coins that have captivated the hearts and minds of numismatists young and old for more than 75 years, and it continues to energize the growth of the hobby to this day. This coin will be offered as a part of the Premier Session on July 11.
Heritage is proud to serve once again as Official Auctioneer for the 13th Annual Summer FUN Convention in Orlando. Special lots abound, and while not all have the cachet of a 1943 bronze cent, each will appeal to enthusiasts across multiple collecting interests and specialties. Here are just a few examples:
- 1880 Morgan dollar, PR67 PCGS. CAC. Fantastic toning
- 1855 Seated dollar, OC-1, MS62 PCGS
- 1836 Gobrecht dollar, Judd-60 Original, Medal Alignment, Pollack-65, PR63+ NGC
- 1949 Franklin half, MS67 Full Bell Lines PCGS. CAC. Tied for finest certified
- 1929 Saint-Gaudens double eagle, MS63 PCGS
- 1803/2 half eagle, BD-1, MS63 PCGS
- 1835 Capped Bust dime, JR-4, PR65 NGC. R.7 as a proof
- 1856 Flying Eagle cent, Snow-9, PR64 PCGS
- 1877 twenty cent, BF-1, PR63+ Cameo PCGS. CAC
- 1776 Continental dollar, CURRENCY, Pewter, EG FECIT, Newman 3-D, W-8460, AU55 NGC
As always, we accept bids through HA.com, e-mail, U.S. mail, and fax. Real-time options for remote bidding include telephone bidding and online bids with HERITAGE Live!®, plus plenty of time to place your secret bids through internet bidding that is active throughout the weeks and days preceding the live auction. We look forward to seeing you in Orlando for a great FUN time!