The newest monthly world coin auction from Heritage Auctions is the José Rodrigues Collection of Victoria Sovereigns, now open for bidding with the live session scheduled for December 29. These sovereigns form a part of the José Rodrigues Collection, a collection that features the NGC #1 set of circulation strike Great Britain sovereigns (1838-1901), as well as the #2 set of circulation strike Australian sovereigns (1856-1901). Rounding out the offering is a handful of half sovereigns and a 1 Pond coin from South Africa.
The highlight of this auction is the 1879 sovereign from Great Britain, at NGC MS61 not only the finest certified example of this low-mintage date, but the only such coin to have been certified in any mint state grade. The Australian offerings are led by an 1887-M Young Head/Shield type sovereign, at MS62 the finest example of this rare date we have had the pleasure to offer.
A few of the additional highlights include:
- Australia: Victoria gold Sovereign 1861-SYDNEY MS60 NGC, KM4
- Australia: Victoria gold Sovereign 1862-SYDNEY AU55 NGC, KM4
- Australia: Victoria gold Sovereign 1863-SYDNEY MS62 NGC, KM4
- Australia: Victoria gold Sovereign 1868-SYDNEY MS63 NGC, KM4
- Australia: Victoria gold “Shield” Sovereign 1880-S MS61 NGC, KM6
- Australia: Victoria gold “Shield” Sovereign 1880-M AU58 NGC, KM6
- Australia: Victoria gold “Shield” Sovereign 1883-M MS63+ NGC, KM6
- Great Britain: Victoria gold Sovereign 1842 MS64 NGC, KM736.1
- Great Britain: Victoria gold “Inverted A” Sovereign 1852 AU58 NGC, KM736.1
Bid on the lots in this auction now at coins.HA.com.
Help Wanted: Heritage Coin Sales Department Expanding
Do you have experience in trading and selling U.S. coins? Apply with Heritage today for our Salesman/Sr. Numismatist role in Dallas, Texas. We are seeking a numismatist with general knowledge of U.S. Coins and good sales and organizational skills. This opportunity is ideal for a detail-oriented driven individual who would like to be part of a fast-paced and growing company. Apply with us today online or via email at [email protected].