The March 29-31 US Coins Signature auction, to be held at Heritage’s Dallas world headquarters, is now open for bidding through www.HA.com. Multiple records were set at the recently completed official Long Beach Expo U.S. Coins auction, which realized more than $20 million. We believe more strong results are in store — not just at the current Dallas event, but also for the upcoming Central States auction, which is shaping up as a top event with many large and important collections already in the fold.
The star of this coin auction is an 1854-O double eagle, certified XF45 NGC, a newly discovered example that is a new addition to the roster of known 1854-O twenties. Other notable lots include:
- A resplendent 1907 High Relief Wire Rim Saint-Gaudens double eagle graded MS66 NGC.
- A 1922 No D Lincoln cent, FS-401, Die Pair 2 (Strong Reverse), MS63 PCGS Red — exceedingly rare in Full Red and described in more detail below.
- A 1929 Indian half eagle certified MS64+ PCGS with CAC endorsement, the elusive key to the Indian Head five series.
- A stunning 1866 With Motto Seated dollar certified PR65 Deep Cameo, nearly brilliant with a showcase strike and intense contrast.
Coins from the Glacier Park Collection make up nearly 10% of the Premier Session, focused on high-grade U.S. type in both circulation strike and proof formats. A stunning 1881 three dollar gold piece certified PR66 Cameo PCGS with CAC endorsement leads the way, along with an amazing 1882 quarter eagle certified MS67 PCGS in its first-known auction appearance, tied at the top of the Condition Census with one other coin. Additional highlights of this coin auction include, but are not limited to:
- 1867 5C Rays PR64+ PCGS
- 1889-CC $1 MS62 PCGS
- 1795 $5 Small Eagle, S Over D, BD-6, AU55 NGC
- 1903 $10 PR65 PCGS
- 1858-O $20 AU58 NGC
- 1852 Gold Dollar, Judd-145 Thin, PR68 Cameo NGC
Bid on this auction now at HA.com/Coins.