The Regency Auction XII shatters expectations and sets numerous personal bests for Legend Rare Coin Auctions, including a monster $6.09m total and impressive numbers for Part I of The Coronet Collection…
Legend Rare Coin Auctions returns to its New Jersey offices on the heels of a hugely successful Regency Auction XII, which included Part I of the world famous Coronet Collection of MS Morgan Dollars, the number one Morgan Dollar set on the PCGS Set Registry. In addition to The Coronet Collection, this jam-packed sale included a total of 476 stellar lots, making it their largest sale to date. Auctioneer Brad Karloff returned to the podium and dutifully called the three hour sale, which saw intense internet, phone, and floor bidding.
Legend Rare Coin Auctions President Julie Abrams states:
“From the day we announced that we would be selling The Coronet Collection, we saw momentum build, and then soar. In the end, the results catapulted our total prices realized to $6,090,195.38, our highest ever. Additionally, record numbers of bidders participated in the sale, including many new and enthusiastic buyers. Auction day at the Bellagio was our most crowded ever, with many new faces and old friends battling it out for some of the finest Morgan Dollars known.”
“We were blown away by the results,” says Legend Rare Coin Auctions founder and partner Laura Sperber. “We would like to thank everyone who participated and made The Regency Auction XII such a runaway success! The Coronet Collection saw record prices that smashed our estimates and the remainder of the sale also came in well above our expectations. In the end we saw more registrations, unique bidders, and internet bidders than any other sale, and more active bidders than our last two sales combined.”
Sperber went on to say that she “had high expectations for the Morgan Dollars. The Coronet Collection was a lifetime endeavor that consisted of seeking out only the highest quality pieces. The prices realized were beyond both my and our consignor’s expectations.”
Final prices realized were $6,090,195.38 with buyer’s premium. Here are just a few of the many highlights:
● Lot # 1 – $1 1878 8TF PCGS MS67 CAC CORONET COLLECTION, $55,812.50
● Lot # 22 – $1 1882-O PCGS MS68+ CAC EX JACK LEE CORONET COLLECTION, $108,687.50
● Lot # 30 – $1 1884-CC PCGS MS68+ CAC EX JACK LEE I & II CORONET COLLECTION, $85,187.50
● Lot # 47 – $1 1889-CC PCGS MS64 CAC CORONET COLLECTION, $141,000.00
● Lot # 59 – $1 1892-CC PCGS MS67+ CAC CORONET COLLECTION, $135,125.00
● Lot # 82 – $1 1880-S PCGS MS65+ CAC, $14,100.00
● Lot # 153 – $1 1899-O MICRO O WING LINES PCGS MS66 CAC, $73,437.50
● Lot #240 – 5C 1916/16 DOUBLED DIE OBVERSE PCGS MS63 CAC, $146,875.00
● Lot # 323 – 25C 1824/2 PCGS AU55 CAC, $24,675.00
● Lot # 349 – 50C 1827 SQUARE BASE 2 O-119 PCGS AU58 EX LINK, $3,055.00
● Lot # 374 – 50C 1939-D PCGS MS67+ CAC, $10,575.00
● Lot # 400 – $4 1879 FLOWING HAIR PCGS PR65 DCAM CAC, $258,500.00
● Lot # 420 – $5 1929 PCGS MS63 CAC, $52,875.00
● Lot # 438 – $10 1869 PCGS PR66+ DCAM CAC, $199,750.00
“I was absolutely ecstatic with all aspects of the sale,” says Devin Healey, Legend Auctions’ Director of Digital Marketing & Auction Operations. “I can say with complete confidence that this sale went off without a hitch. Pre-sale bidding, live internet bidding, floor bidding, and post sale procedures didn’t see a single technical hiccup. We’re excited to see our platform grow and evolve to meet the needs of all our bidders and consignors, allowing for the easiest, most seamless bidding experience possible. The best is yet to come for Legend Auctions.”
All prices realized are now available on the Legend Rare Coin Auctions website: www.legendauctions.com.
The next Legend Rare Coin Auctions sale, Regency Auction XIII will be held at The Venetian Las Vegas on Thursday, September 3rd at the PCGS Members Only Show. The consignment deadline is July 13.