DLRC Auction Highlights by David Lawrence Rare Coin Auctions ……
Our Sunday Internet Auction #1083 offers a pair of scarce mid-19th century Proof Quarter eagles, a second-finest Barber quarter, a scarce Carson City Trade dollar, and a frosty and original 1799 $10 gold piece. Don’t miss those and other exciting PCGS-, NGC-, and CAC-certified pieces. In all, there’s a vast selection of 400 New Items, featuring 100 No Reserve Lots and 25 Vault Value Items. All lots will begin closing at 8 pm EST on Sunday, September 22.
Our first highlight coin is a 1905 25c PCGS MS67. An underrated P-Mint, this piece has two others graded as such with only a PCGS MS68 graded finer. Beautiful satiny surfaces with light rose tints, this coin is certainly one of the finest examples of the date that we have seen.
Our second highlight is an 1874-CC Trade$ NGC MS64. A popular and affordable Carson City Trade dollar, this piece offers nice, mostly white fields with hints some peripheral russet toning most noticeable on the reverse.
The third highlight is an 1860 $2 1/2 PCGS/CAC Proof 65 CAM with beautiful yellow-gold surfaces and brilliant cameo mirrors. Despite a healthy mintage of 112 pieces, the 1860 is really quite rare. An estimated 20-25 exist in all grades, of which only a handful are graded finer by PCGS. A razor-sharp example with stunning fields, only three pieces are graded as such by PCGS, with a single Proof 66 Cameo and a single Proof 66 Deep Cameo graded finer.
Some of the other highlights from this week’s auction include:
- 1851/81 1c PCGS/CAC MS66 BN
- 1856 Flying Eagle 1c PCGS/CAC Proof 64 (Eagle Eye Photo Seal)
- 1887 1c PCGS MS66 RD
- 1909-S VDB 1c PCGS MS65 RD (OGH Rattler Holder)
- 1995 1c PCGS MS69 RD (Doubled Die Obverse)
- 1925 5c PCGS/CAC MS67+ ex: Angel Dee’s Toned Set
- 1796 10c PCGS/CAC XF45 (JR-2)
- 1888-S 10c PCGS/CAC MS66
- 1893 10c PCGS MS67
- 1916-D 10c PCGS/CAC AU58
- 1888-S 25c PCGS/CAC MS66
- 1863 25c PCGS Proof 66
- 1805/4 50c NGC XF40 (O-103)
- 1807 50c NGC VF35 (Capped, 50/20, Bearded Goddess, O-111b)
- 1876 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 67 (“C” in Neck, FS-401)
- 1937 50c PCGS/CAC MS68
- 1877 $2 1/2 PCGS/CAC MS63
- 1884 $2 1/2 PCGS/CAC MS64+
- 1900 $2 1/2 PCGS/CAC MS67+
- 1884 2 1/2 PCGS/CAC Proof 63 DCAM
- 1799 $10 PCGS/CAC AU58 (Small Stars Obverse, BD-2)
- 1801 $10 NGC AU55
- 1844-O $10 PCGS AU58+
- 1869 $10 PCGS AU58+
- 1876-S $10 PCGS AU55+
- 1882-S $20 PCGS/CAC MS63+ ex: The Fairmont Collection
- 1926 Sesquicentennial $2 1/2 PCGS MS66+
- 1938-S Arkansas 50c PCGS MS67
There are many other DLRC Auction highlights, so be sure to browse all lots in this exciting new sale before it closes on Sunday, September 22.
If you have any questions about coins in our auctions, or items for direct purchase, please call us at 800-776-0560, or send an email and we will get back to you immediately.
Thanks for browsing our inventory and participating in our auction!
* * *
READY TO SELL A COIN OR COLLECTION? SELL IT TO DAVID LAWRENCE RARE COINS
We always need coins. When you are ready to sell, we’re here for you. David Lawrence offers three options that provide maximum flexibility to meet your needs while providing the highest quality personal service in the industry:
- You can sell your coins to us outright.
- You can consign your coins.
- You can participate in our Guaranteed Auction Program.
When the time comes to consider selling your coins, we’ll help you realize the highest amount for your collection.