By Rago Arts & Auctions ……
From June 15 through June 30, Rago Auctions is pleased to present its first ever online-only sale of U.S. and world coins and currency. Hosted on bidsquare.com, this 114-lot sale features a strong showing of numismatic specialties and interests, including U.S. paper currency from the 19th century, silver and gold coins struck between 1700-1800 in Great Britain, and U.S. type coins from the 19th and 20th centuries.
US Currency highlights from the sale include:
- A $10 Bison Legal Tender Note printed in 1901 graded PMG 65 Gem UNC EPQ with an estimate of $5,000 – 7,000
- A 1902 $20 Richmond Borough National Bank of Stapleton, NY with a pre-sale estimate of $3,000 – 5,000
- Four consecutive $1 Black Eagle Silver Certificates from 1899, each graded PMG 64 or 65, with an estimate of $1,000 – 2,000
U.S. Type Coin highlights in this online-only sale include:
- An 1836 Capped Bust 25c coin with a grading of PCGS AU 50, with an estimate at $300 – 500
- A $10 Indian Head gold coin minted in 1911, graded NGC MS 63, with an estimate of $800 – 1,200
- A 1916-D Mercury 10c coin with a grade of NGC AG 3 and an estimate of $400 – 600
Notable coins from Great Britain in the sale include:
- A 1762 1/4 Guinea gold coin graded NGC AU58 estimated at $400 – 600
- A Maundy set of four coins from 1743 estimated at $200 – 400
- A 1787 one shilling coin with a pre-sale estimate of $300 – 500
“With a varied collection of fresh to market U.S. currency, plus several lots of 19th- and 20th-century type coins, there is something for all collectors in our first ever online-only numismatic auction.”
–Sam Grillo, Coins & Currency Department
Coins + Currency
June 15-30, 2019
114-lot Timed Auction
Online-only via Bidsquare.com
Saturday, June 15 through Sunday, June 30.
Online bidding available only at www.bidsquare.com.
Questions, please reach us at 609.397.9374.
View a complete online catalogue with color images at www.bidsquare.com, online June 15-30.
- Design: May 18-19, 2019
- Jewelry: June 7 & 9, 2019
- Online-Only Coins: June 15-30, 2019
* * *
About Rago Auctions
Rago is a U.S. auction house with nearly $34 million in sales in 2018. Rago’s expertise encompasses 20th- and 21st-century design; fine art; American, European, English and Asian decorative arts and furnishings; fine jewelry and coins/currency. It offers free valuations for personal property (from a single piece to collections), as well as USPAP compliant estate and appraisal services. Rago is located midway between Philadelphia and New York with satellite offices in Westchester/Connecticut.