The latest Heritage month-long auction of world coins features Part III of the Caranett Collection, with an offering of gold coins from Western Europe along with sovereign issues from the British Empire and Commonwealth. Bidding in this auction is open now at Coins.HA.com, concluding with a live session beginning at 8 PM CT on October 11.
This auction provides a scarce opportunity to own an example of the important Finnish rarity 1912-L 20 Markkaa, graded MS63 by NGC. This is a very rare variety of this date carrying the letter “L” for Johan Conrad Lihr, mintmaster; the 1912-L is significantly rarer than “S” marked coins, which by comparison are considered common in even higher grades. The currently certified population for the 1912-L is only a minute fraction of its identically-dated 1912-S counterpart.
This auction also contains an outstanding selection of 124 French gold coins, including 32 Louis D’Or issues. Among the numerous highlights of this offering are:
- France: Louis XIII gold Louis d’Or 1641-A MS65 NGC, Paris mint, KM105, Fr-410
- France: a second Louis XIII gold Louis d’Or 1641-A MS65 NGC, Paris mint, KM104, Fr-410
- France: Louis XIV gold Louis d’Or 1690-N MS66+ NGC Montpellier mint, KM278.11
- France: Louis XV gold 1/2 Louis d’Or 1717-A MS65+ NGC, Paris mint, KM430.1
- France: Louis XVI gold Louis d’Or 1786-W MS67 Prooflike NGC, Lille mint, KM591.15
- France: Louis XVI gold 2 Louis d’Or 1779-T MS64 NGC, Nantes mint, KM575.13, Fr-470
- France: Louis XVI gold 2 Louis d’Or 1786-T MS66 Prooflike NGC, Nantes mint, KM592.14
Bid on the coins in this auction now at coins.HA.com.
Time to Sell Your Gold Coins?
An exciting consignment opportunity presents itself, as Heritage proudly presents the upcoming November 19-21 Dallas, Texas US Coins Signature Auction. Heritage’s Dallas auctions have a long-established tradition and are eagerly anticipated by collectors and dealers from around the US and the world. These auctions have attracted eager bidders and produced strong results for consignors and we expect this pattern to continue.
You can personally benefit from Heritage’s connections to buyers from around the world and sell your coins alongside the millions of dollars of rare, desirable, and important offerings that have already been consigned.
We have entered a new generation of collecting, and Heritage ensures that bidders and consignors all benefit from the latest and best technologies available. Our award-winning website serves as the cornerstone of our innovation, with an average of 44,000 unique collectors visiting HA.com every day.
Contact one of our Consignment Directors, and they will guide you through the process and answer all of your questions. You can reach us by calling 1-800-835-6000.
Consignment Deadline: October 6, 2020.