Once again, Heritage will be offering a specialized single consignor collection of world coins for your bidding pleasure beginning on February 18, ending in a live session on March 17. This offering will be from The Denis Burger Collection of Crowns and Mint Errors, a collection strong in both British coins and in errors, particularly brockages.
The error types include off-center strikes, brockages, capped dies, mules, double obverse and reverse die types, incorrect planchet strikes, strikethroughs, and more. The selection of brockages is particularly strong, covering coins from around the world and across several centuries.
Examples of error coins in this auction include:
- Great Britain: George IV Mint Error – Obverse Brockage 1/2 Crown ND (1820-1823) AU53 NGC, KM676
- Great Britain: Victoria Mint Error – Broadstruck Obverse Brockage 6 Pence ND MS64 NGC, KM733
- Great Britain: Victoria Mint Error – Obverse Brockage 1/2 Penny 1856 MS63 Brown NGC, KM726, S-3949
- Mexico: Republic Mint Error – Double-Struck Off-Center 8 Reales ND AU55 NGC, Culiacan mint, KM377.3
- Solomon Islands: British Colony. Elizabeth II Mint Error – Muled with New Zealand 5 Dollars 2000 MS69 NGC, KM70
The collection also contains an assortment of scarce British crowns, including a 1552 Edward VI crown graded VF25 by PCGS and a 1658/7 Cromwell crown graded VF30 by NGC.
Additional highlights from among the offerings of crowns include:
- Great Britain: Elizabeth I (1558-1603) Crown ND (1601-1602) VF30 PCGS, Tower mint, Seventh issue, “1” mm, KM7, S-2582
- Great Britain: George I Crown 1723 VF35 NGC, KM545.2
- Great Britain: George II “LIMA” Crown 1746 AU55 PCGS, KM585.3, S-3689
- Great Britain: George IV Proof Crown 1826 PR20 NGC, KM699, S-3806. “Septimo” edge
- Great Britain: Victoria Proof “Gothic” Crown 1847 PR58 PCGS, KM744, S-3883
This auction will open for bidding soon at coins.HA.com.