By Carl Wolf for the Chicago Coin Club….
The Chicago Coin Club’s 2015 Annual Banquet is Wednesday, December 9. This is just around the corner and we hope to see all our friends and fellow collectors. This is a wonderful event and it’s always good to see guests and spouses who we see only once a year.
Cost is $55 per person and reservations are required. At this date, do not mail your check. Email [email protected] with your reservation(s), then pay at the door.
645 W. North Avenue
Plenty of Free Parking
Porcelain Coins and Medals of Germany
by Mark Wieclaw and Jeff Amelse
Germany’s Meissen porcelain production has a history more than 300 years old. Medal production began about 1820, and went into regular production on Meissen’s bicentennial in 1910. When hyper inflation hit Germany after World War I, Meissen’s factories began to turn out porcelain coins. This subject is unfamiliar to many collectors. Those who attend this meeting should be prepared to see numismatic pieces rarely seen at meetings or coin shows. In addition to numismatic history, this program offers beauty, art history and superb craftsmanship. Bring your spouse and interested guests. Everyone, including guests, will receive a porcelain coin or medal compliments of Harlan J. Berk, Ltd.
Wine and Soda Station – Cash only
Mixed Drinks – Available at the Bar
Passed Hors d’Oeuvres (6:00pm)
- Artichoke Fritters w/Boursin Cheese
- Bacon Wrapped Scallops w/Apricot Chutney
- Mushroom stuffed Toasted Ravioli w/Garlic
- Olive Oil & Shaved Parmesan Sun-Dried & Plum Tomato Bruschetta drizzled w/Olive Oil
Plated Salad Course (6:45pm)
- Homemade Italian Bread w/Focaccia Chips
- Caesar Salad tossed w/Crispy Croutons & TOSSED w/Caesar Dressing
Entree Course (7:00pm)
- Oven Roasted Rosemary Chicken
- Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Ravioli w/Marinara Sauce
- Crispy Broasted Potato Wedges
- Grilled Asparagus Spears brushed w/Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Fresh Herbs
- Assorted Mini Pastries including Chocolate Mousse, Strawberry Cheesecake
- Carrot & Lemon Chiffon
- Coffee Service