By TOREX ……
Don’t miss the TOREX National Coin Show, Canada’s National Coin Show at the fabulous Hyatt Regency on King in downtown Toronto’s vibrant entertainment district. Enjoy a weekend of exciting numismatic action with Canada’s finest dealers.
The Winter Show Schedule:
- Saturday, February 23: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Sunday, February 24: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Daily admission $7.00, children 16 and under Free!
Canada’s Finest Dealers™
- Bakalos, Kostas – Bluenose Coins & Currency (BC)
- Bell, Brian – Geoffrey Bell Auctions (NB)
- Campbell, Sandy – Proof Positive (NS)
- Campbell, Terry – Campbell’s Collectables (ON)
- Chapados-Girard, Clément – Jetons Canada (QC)
- Chicoine, Yvon – Monnaie De Versailles Inc (QC)
- Cornwell, Brian – ICCS (ON)
- Faghfoury, Mostafa – Cyrus Coins (ON)
- Findlay, Michael – Certified Coins of Canada (ON)
- Iorio, Joe – J & M Coin & Jewellery Ltd. (BC)
- Johnson, Paul – RCNA (ON)
- Jones, Greg – Lighthouse (NS)
- Kokotailo, Robert – Calgary Coin and Antique Galleries (AB)
- Koolhaas, Paul – Paul Koolhaas (ON)
- Kosowan, Morris – Classic Cash (AB)
- Kovacevic, Svetolik – Ancient Numismatic Enterprise (ON)
- Langlois, André – André Langlois (QC)
- Leardi, Frank – Frank Leardi (ON)
- Liem, Pieter – The Coin & Currency Exchange (ON)
- Machaj, Tomasz – London Coin Centre (ON)
- Marshall, Ian – Ian Marshall (ON)
- McKaig, Andrew – Andrew McKaig (AB)
- Miller, Gary – Londinium Coins (ON)
- Nienhuis, Henry – RCNA (ON)
- Osaduke, Ron – 2329993 Ontario Inc.. (ON)
- Pacquet, Eric – Canadian Numismatic Auction Co. (QC)
- Powell, Hugh – NewCan Numismatics (BC)
- Simpson, Richard – R&S Coins (ON)
- Smith, George – Traders Goldcorp (ON)
- Verret, Marc – Canadian Numismatic Auction Co. (QC)
- Walsh, Mike – Canadian Coin News (ON)
The Canadian Numismatic Company will be conducting the February 2019 TOREX Auction.
It is our pleasure to welcome you to Downtown Toronto for The February 2019 Torex Auction Sale. This auction of more than 2,600 numismatic lots features two major collections joined by selections from 75 other consignors across North America.
The first and second Sessions are highlighted by two substantial coin and banknote collections: The Montreal and The Spangaro Collections.
Also featuring in this auction: 1935 $25 BC-11 PCGS UNC66PPQ, 1917 $1 DC-23a PCGS GEM-UNC68PPQ The Solo Highest graded, 1924 $5 Queen Mary PCGS UNC63PPQ, a 1935 $1000 BC-19 PMG Gem UNC-66, a couple of early and very rare Chartered banknotes, an 1859 Brass Penny in AU condition, a 1921 5 cents PCGS MS66, an 1874H 10 cents PCGS MS66, an 1881H 10 cents PCGS MS66, a 1969 Large Date 10 cents PCGS AU58, a lovely offering of Canadian gold coins including a 1912 $5 in PCGS MS66, a 1967 Dollar Upset Dies in ICCS MS66 and a 1945 Dollar in ICCS MS65.
In addition, a superb selection of small cents in Top condition. A UNIQUE 2002 $5 BC-62A #JHS2912607 EXPIREMENTAL NOTE, and several others including Rare Serial number issues and error notes. The Montreal Collection holds a premium selection of carefully chosen Chartered and early issues. The notes come graded by various third party grading companies but each issue has been carefully selected and is attractive and proper for the grade attributed, no surprises just attractive issues. The two jewels of this collection is a Bank of Montreal 1836 $1 PCGS VF25PPQ, which is probably UNIQUE and obviously ranked in the best graded to date and The Commercial Bank of Canada; 1860 $2 PCGS VF20, which is also probably UNIQUE, the only example we have ever seen and handled. Several other attractive and elusive issues. This fantastic February TOREX Auction should make some spectacular moments and active evenings of auctioning.
We expect this to be one of the prestigious numismatic events of 2019 featuring several rarities never offered to the public.
THIS AUCTION WILL BE UNLIKE ANY OTHER SEEN IN THIS COUNTRY.
Our sincere thanks to the Torex executive for choosing us once again as the February 2019 official Torex auctioneers, and finally, and most importantly, to the consignors for entrusting us with the fantastic task of selling their collections. We hope you enjoy this catalogue as much as we enjoyed making it. We hope you can make it downtown Toronto this Winter, this should be a memorable sale!
Marc and Eric,
The Canadian Numismatic Auction Company
There will be a daily TOREX raffle for a Royal Canadian Mint 2019 specimen set to be drawn at 4pm Saturday and 2pm Sunday!
Prize value: approximately $49.95 CAD per set.
Chances of winning depend on the number of entrants.
Entrants must submit a completed TOREX comment card in the raffle box at the show.
The TOREX Coin Show & Auctions is Canada’s oldest commercial coin show, hosted three times per year at the Hyatt Regency on King in downtown Toronto.
The Winter 2019 TOREX Coin Show is a must for any coin collector as well as part-time and full-time dealer. Admission is only $7.00, with anyone 16 and under always admitted free!
For more information please visit www.torex.net or click on the links below.