By TOREX ……
The June 2018 TOREX was a fun numismatic event hosting Canada’s finest dealers at its home at the Hyatt Regency hotel in downtown Toronto. Despite a weekend of rainy weather conditions, TOREX was pleased to have a positive turnout for both the bourse and the auctions. The show was very happy to welcome three new dealers: Isabelle Guindon from Gold Plus; Isaac Waxman from I Waxman Rarities; and Terry Campbell from Campbell’s Collectables. The Royal Canadian Numismatic Association’s (RCNA) “Kid’s Table” with Emily and Alexander was very popular with young numismatists.
We were very happy again to receive many positive comments from show attendees and dealers throughout the weekend event. Thanks to everyone for coming out and we look forward to seeing you again at our next show in October 2018!
Thank you to all show attendees who took the time to complete TOREX comment cards. We really appreciate it! The following were just some of the many positive comments we were very pleased to receive at this show:
- “Came here with a friend today. I may become a collector!.” – Dave P.
- “Excellent show as usual.” – Matthew N.
- “A pleasant surprise.” – Richard C.
- “Nice show!” – Robert L.
- “Good to see some new dealers!” – Doug A.
- “I liked looking at coins and getting coins!” – Norah S. (age 7).
- “As always, a well-done show. Thanks.” – Mark S.
- “Great show :)” – Fred J.
- “Excellent. Consider airport venue or North GTA (vs downtown)” David J.
- “Very nice layout & help.” – John. B.
- “Great show. I’ve been coming here for years. Thanks!” – William S.
- “Brian Smith knows how to organize TOREX. Very friendly people – dealers are very honest. Keep up the great work Brian!!” – Jerry L.
- “I found 90% of the coins I was looking for. Great.” – Wayne W.
- “Great show! I got some needed coins!” – Dan B.
Congratulations to Saturday TOREX raffle winner Vilaliy A. and Sunday winner Jim H. They were each the lucky recipients of a 2018 Royal Canadian Mint specimen set. The set shines the spotlight on an endangered species, the burrowing owl, which is known for nesting in underground burrows throughout the open prairies and grasslands. Canadian artist Pierre Girard captures the beauty of the owl on the one-dollar specimen coin.
Please join us again on October 27 & 28, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency on King for another exciting weekend of all things numismatic!
TOREX would like to thank the following for their contributions and support: the TOREX Dealers (Canada’s Finest); The Canadian Numismatic Company (TCNC); The Hyatt Regency on King for providing wonderful facilities and their really hard working and dependable staff; Target Security and Investigation Services; Alexander Nienhuis, Andrew Fiutek – TOREX database programmer; Randstad; PackP – audio/visual services; Canadian Coin News; The Royal Canadian Numismatic Association (RCNA); the Canadian Association of Numismatic Dealers (CAND); Discount Truck Rentals; Bill Cross, the late Ingrid K. Smith and Jim Charlton, and all other previous TOREX show owners and directors.
* * *
The TOREX Coin Show & Auctions is Canada’s oldest commercial coin show, hosted three times per year at the Hyatt Regency on King in downtown Toronto. TOREX is the best place to buy, sell, trade and evaluate your coins, ask questions relating to numismatics, obtain information about area coin clubs, and meet other numismatic enthusiasts.
For more information please visit www.torex.net and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
NGC-Certified Canadian Silver Coins Currently Available on eBay
|View all items...||(Powered by: WP eBay Ads)|