By TOREX ……
The October 2019 TOREX was a very, fun, busy and upbeat numismatic event for both collectors and dealers alike.
We were very pleased to welcome Bilal Armani from the Bilal Mint exhibiting for the first time at TOREX. Mr. Armani reported having a positive show and will be back again in February 2020. We were also happy to host The Royal Canadian Numismatic Association Executive, who assembled for their annual meeting at TOREX.
Thanks to everyone for coming to TOREX we look forward to seeing you again at our next show in February 2020 for all things numismatic!
Thank you to all show attendees who took the time to complete TOREX comment cards. We really appreciate it! The following were some of the positive comments we were very pleased to receive at this show:
- “I love TOREX.” – Nabil A.
- “Excellent Show!” – Mike B.
- “Great show, beautiful specimens. attn: Oliver.” – Tariq H.
- “Great Show! Excellent Vendors! Great Work Team!” – Aris M.
- “Always good.” – Mike S.
- “Very friendly people. It’s nice to share the same hobby” – Jerry L.
- “Live speakers talking about old coins/notes would be good.” – Scott K.
- “Yet again a high standard & wide range of items available. Perhaps postal orders next time?” – J. D.
- “Coins are Cool!” – D. J.
- “Very good show. I filled many ‘holes’ in my collection” – Doug A.
- “Good show, Great variety, prices a bit high” – J. H.
The October 2019 TOREX auction sale was very successful with approximately 90% of the 2,500 auction lots selling. The copper, the twenty-five cents and silver dollars were the strongest performers. The paper money session was also strong as usual and overall the coins were stronger than expected. High-end modern coins did extremely well. The sale brought in over one million and demonstrates to us that the market is currently very strong.
Some examples of prices realized at the October 2019 TOREX Auction:
- LOT 270 $9400 DC-25K 1923 $1 PURPLE SEAL
- LOT 304 $21420 1935 $1000 CCCS UNC65
- LOT 306 $6960 BC-2FP
- LOT 311 $9817 BC-18FP
- LOT 359 $9520 BC-32BA 1954 410
- LOT 392 1986 $5 EPW $3867
- LOT 560 1899 1¢ Repunched 9 ICCS MS66R SOLD $3272
- #574 – 1910 1¢ ICCS MS66RD SOLD $2467
- #584 – 1925 1¢ ICCS MS64RD SOLD $3272
- #592 – 1953 1¢ NSF ICCS MS66RDSOLD $773
- #775 – 1893 25¢ ICCS MS64 SOLD $8925
- #785 – 1914 25¢ PCGS MS64+SOLD $4105
- #794 – 1936 25¢ Dot PCGS MS64 SOLD $5057
- #850 – 1914 50¢ PCGS/ICCS MS66SOLD $76,375
Note: Prices include buyer’s premium.
Thank you again to everyone who took the time to participate in the October 2019 TOREX Auction and we look forward to serving you again in 2020.
The Canadian Numismatic Company
Raffle & Thanks
Congratulations to Saturday TOREX raffle winner: Steve P. and Sunday winner Nabil A. They were each the lucky recipients of a 2019 Royal Canadian Mint specimen set.
Sporting a crest that’s as red as Canada’s flag, the pileated woodpecker plays an important role in maintaining the health of our forests. The hard-working bird is the latest species showcased in the Royal Canadian Mint annual specimen set, which features a set-exclusive dollar and a world-exclusive specimen finish.
Please join us again February 22 and 23, 2020 at the Hyatt Regency on King for another exciting weekend of all things numismatic!
TOREX would like to thank the following for their contributions and support: the TOREX Dealers (Canada’s Finest); The Canadian Numismatic Company (TCNC); The Hyatt Regency on King for providing wonderful facilities and their really hard working and dependable staff; Target Security and Investigation Services; Enterprise Truck Rentals; Andrew Fiutek – TOREX database programmer; Randstad; PackP – audio/visual services; Canadian Coin News; The Royal Canadian Numismatic Association (RCNA); the Canadian Association of Numismatic Dealers (CAND); Bill Cross; the late Ingrid K. Smith and Jim Charlton, and all other previous TOREX show owners and directors.
The TOREX Coin Show & Auctions is Canada’s oldest commercial coin show, hosted three times per year at the Hyatt Regency on King in downtown Toronto. TOREX is the best place to buy, sell, trade and evaluate your coins, ask questions relating to numismatics, obtain information about area coin clubs, and meet other numismatic enthusiasts.
For more information please visit www.torex.net and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!