Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers have released our first catalogue devoted to numismatic exonumia: tokens, medals, badges, scrip and related items that pertain in some way to the coin collecting field. Examples include tokens issued by coin dealers or collectors, medals depicting prominent collectors or scholars, badges produced for coin shows, “Good For” tokens or scrip issued by coin firms, and so on. Much of the material included in the catalogue was collected by our founder, George F. Kolbe, over the years. The 90-lot PDF catalogue can be downloaded at numislit.com.
The catalogue includes many rare and often obscure items. Some interesting highlights include:
- Lots 1 & 2: 1873 Boston Numismatic Society medals in brass and copper
- Lot 5: a rare piece advertising Dickeson’s Coin & Medal Safe
- Lot 6: a William Idler store card in silver
- Lot 8: an unlisted store card for F.C. Key & Sons, die sinkers & medalists
- Lot 16: a scarce gem uncirculated W. Elliot Woodward 5-cent scrip, graded PMG 65 EPQ
- Lot 41: a rare Tom Elder token commemorating the 1910 ANA Convention & his Peter Mougey sale (the list includes several other Elder tokens)
- Lot 64: serial number 2 of the New York Numismatic Club’s first medal, honoring Frank C. Higgins
- Lot 65: the New York Numismatic Club medal honoring F.C.C. Boyd
- Lot 79: a 1921 ANA Convention medal
- Lot 82: V. Leon Belt’s unique gold ANA President’s Medal, weighing about one troy ounce and struck in .900 gold.
The catalogue is being published only in PDF form. No printed catalogue will be issued. It is being distributed first to those customers of ours who have signed up for our email list. You can sign up for our mailing list on our website at numislit.com. Kolbe & Fanning regularly issues fixed price PDF catalogues, so make sure you are among the first to know of them: most items offered are one of a kind.
Please email Kolbe & Fanning at email@example.com or call our office at (614) 414-0855 to purchase lots. We look forward to hearing from you.