David Lawrence Rare Coins Sunday Internet Auction #994 offers a fantastic selection 315 New Items and 65 No Reserve lots. All lots will begin closing at 8pm EST on Sunday, January 7th. Some of the more interesting highlights from this week’s sale include:
- 1866 2c PCGS Proof 66 RD CAM
- 1807 25c PCGS AU53
- 1821 25c NGC MS65
- 1831 25c PCGS MS64
- 1874-S 25c PCGS/CAC MS66 (Arrows)
- 1896 25c NGC Proof 68 UCAM
- 1797 50c NGC XF40
- 1802 50c NGC XF45 (O-101)
- 1824 50c PCGS MS63 (Overdate)
- 1831 50c NGC MS66
- 1840 50c NGC MS65 (Small Letters) *Star*
- 1855 50c PCGS MS65 (Arrows)
- 1795 Flowing Hair $1 PCGS VF20 (2 Leaves)
- 1893-S $1 PCGS XF40
- 1907 High Relief $20 NGC MS64 (Wire Edge)
- 1836 Gobrecht $1 J-60 NGC Proof 63 (Gobrecht Dollar)
The first highlight is a 1797 50c NGC XF40. Among the most sought-after coins by advanced type collectors, this choice XF example is a nice survivor from a mintage of just 3,918 pieces. From a two-year period, it is one of the most difficult type coins to locate. Smooth grayish-brown surfaces with light, even wear, this piece is ideal for any advanced type collector.
This week’s second highlight coin is an 1836 Gobrecht $1 J-60 NGC Proof 63 (Gobrecht Dollar). A desirable, eye-appealing example of this scarce pattern dollar. Deep mirrors with a silky blend of light bronze and white. A true numismatic rarity.
Of course there are many other David Lawrence Rare Coins highlights, so be sure to browse all lots in this exciting new David Lawrence Rare Coins sale before it closes on Sunday, January 7th.