The first highlight coin is an 1892 $1 NGC MS66. The 1892 is a better P-mint in all grades, but simply doesn’t really exist in superb gem grades. This is, in fact, the only piece graded as such by NGC.
Our second highlight coin is a 1911 $20 PCGS MS65+. The 1911 is a better P-mint, especially in high grades. This specific example has the PCGS+ grade for premium quality at the top of end of the assigned grade.
Our third highlight is an 1861 25c NGC MS68. This piece is a Civil War date with beautiful light pastel toning and gorgeous surfaces.
The final highlight is a 1915-S Panama-Pacific Octagonal $50 PCGS MS62. Only 645 were struck and are highly coveted amongst collectors. In addition, 483 were also struck with the Round design.
Some of the other highlights from this week’s auction include:
- 1909-S VDB 1c PCGS MS66 RD
- 1914-D 1c PCGS MS65 BN
- 1795 Flowing Hair $1 NGC XF45 (3 Leaves, B-5, BB-27)
- 1885-CC $1 NGC MS67+
- 1893-O $1 PCGS MS63 (OGH)
- 1878 8TF $1 PCGS Proof 64
- 1843-D 2 1/2 NGC/CAC AU58
- 1846-D 2 1/2 PCGS/CAC MS61
- 1871-S 2 1/2 PCGS MS63 (OGH)
- 1911-D 2 1/2 PCGS/CAC AU58 (Strong D)
- 1810 $5 PCGS MS61 (Lg Date, Lg 5)
- 1860-C $5 PCGS AU58
- 1909-O $5 PCGS/CAC AU55
- 1916-S $10 PCGS MS63
- S.S. Central America: 1857-S Shipwreck $20 PCGS/CAC MS63 (Bold 7, Faint S, Box & COA)
- 1877-CC $20 NGC AU55
- 1892-CC $20 PCGS/CAC AU50 (OGH)
- 1893-CC $20 PCGS MS62
- 1914 $20 PCGS/CAC MS64
- 1914-D $20 PCGS MS66
- 2014-D JFK 50c PCGS MS70
- China: 1990 Phoenix & Dragon Set 200 Gold Yuan & 20 Silver Yuan PCGS Proof 67/68 DCAM (2 Coins)
Of course, there are many other highlights, so be sure to browse all lots in this exciting new sale before it closes on Sunday, January 27.
If you have any questions about coins in our auctions, or items for direct purchase, please call us at 800-776-0560, or send an email and we will get back to you immediately.
Thanks for browsing our inventory and participating in our auction!
* * *
READY TO SELL A COIN OR COLLECTION? SELL IT TO DAVID LAWRENCE RARE COINS
We always need coins. When you are ready to sell, we’re here for you. David Lawrence offers three options that provide maximum flexibility to meet your needs, while providing the highest quality personal service in the industry:
- You can sell your coins to us outright.
- You can consign your coins.
- You can participate in our Guaranteed Auction Program.
When the time comes to consider selling your coins, we’ll help you realize the highest amount for your collection.