Our third semi-annual Hong Kong World Coins Signature Auction, scheduled for December 8-9, is open for bidding at HA.com! It has been only one year since we held our first auction in Hong Kong, and yet we have already made great strides in building our presence in the Chinese and East Asian Market. This current auction boasts a pre-sale estimate far larger than any of our previous Hong Kong auction.
We have rarities and highlights from both the vintage and modern Chinese coin series. For collectors of older coins, the standout piece is an extremely rare Yuan Shih-kai pattern dollar from 1914, signed by L. Giorgi. This piece, graded by PCGS SP63 and sold without reserve, is expected to easily reach into the six-figures. From the modern Chinese series, we have a 1993 1500 Yuan, weighing in at a massive 20 ounces of gold and graded PR68 Ultra Cameo by NGC. With a mintage of just 66, it is always an event when one of these comes up for sale.
Though coins of China make up the majority of the auction, we also have a number of highlights from the surrounding region. First among those is a Japanese gold oban from the 1860s, graded by PCGS as MS64. From Cambodia we have an impressive Proof piastre from 1860, graded PR63 by NGC. And of course, we have a very strong representation from British Hong Kong, highlighted by a 1941 one cent graded MS62 by NGC, an extremely rare date that is even rarer in Mint State condition.
Just a few of the additional highlights of this auction include:
- China: Hsüan-t’ung silver Specimen Pattern Dollar Year 3 (1911) SP62 PCGS, Central Mint at Tientsin, L&M-31
- China: Chihli (Pei Yang Arsenal). Kuang-hsü Dollar Year 22 (1896) AU Details PCGS, Pei Yang Arsenal mint, L&M-439, KM-Y65
- China: Kweichow. Republic “Auto” Dollar Year 17 (1928) AU55 PCGS, L&M-611, Kann-757. KM-Y428
- China: Sinkiang. Kuang-hsü gold 2 Mace (Miscals) ND (1906) AU58 PCGS, Tihwa mint, L&M-1050, KM-Y9
- China: People’s Republic Proof gold Unicorn 500 Yuan (5 oz) 1995 PR69 Ultra Cameo NGC, KM-805
- China: People’s Republic gold Proof Panda 1000 Yuan (12 oz) 1991 Gem Proof, KM355
- China: People’s Republic bi-metallic Proof Panda 500 Yuan 1995 PR68 Ultra Cameo NGC, KM728
- China: People’s Republic gold Proof Panda 10,000 Yuan (Kilo) 2004 PR69 Ultra Cameo NGC, Shenzhen Guobao mint, KM1538
We are already hard at work putting together our next Signature Auction of world coins, to be held January 4-9 at the New York International Numismatic Convention (NYINC), and is also looking like it will be one of the highlight numismatic events of the year! Follow this auction as we continue to add coins at www.ha.com/coins!
中国, 中國, 市, 广州, 广州市, 贵州, 贵阳, 贵阳市, 重庆, 香港, 直隸, 直隶, 袁世凱
PCGS-Certified Chinese Coins Currently Available on eBay
|View all items...||(Powered by: WP eBay Ads)|