Kolbe & Fanning will be holding our 2017 New York Book Auction on Saturday, January 14 in the 18th Floor Norse Suite at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in conjunction with the New York International Numismatic Convention (NYINC). The sale features 400 lots of numismatic books from around the world, including rare and desirable works from the libraries of Tom Cederlind and Italo Vecchi.
The online catalogue, with color illustrations of every lot, has been posted to the firm’s online bidding platform at auction.numislit.com. Printed catalogues have been mailed, and a PDF of the printed catalogue has been posted to the regular Kolbe & Fanning site at numislit.com. Bids may be placed via post, email, fax or phone prior to the sale. Advance absentee bids may also be placed through the online catalogue; live internet bidding will be available during the sale itself through the same platform.
Some sale highlights include:
- Lot 1: The 1717 history of the Académie Royale des Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres, with substantial numismatic content
- Lot 6: A complete set of Naville/Ars Classica sales, including the very rare Sale 9 on Swiss coins
- Lot 75: The magnificent 1645 Icones volume of Goltzius featuring superb oversize chiaroscuro illustrations of Roman coins
- Lot 86: A rare set of Hanthaler’s Exercitationes Faciles de Numis Veterum pro Tyronibus
- Lot 156: Ludwig Pollak’s gorgeous catalogue of the Nelidow collection of ancient gold objets d’art
- Lot 173: The 1896 Montagu sale of Roman & Byzantine coins, with exceptional plates
- Lot 183: Sambon & Canessa’s 1927 catalogue of the Duke of Cajaniello collection
- Lot 192: A very rare complete set of Sartiges collection plates, with the supplement
- Lot 331: Eight 1891-dated issues of the rare publication Plain Talk, the ANA’s semi-official publication of the time
- Lot 378: A large-paper set of Phillips on early American paper money
The sale features a remarkable number of interesting, often rarely seen, volumes on various aspects of numismatics, and bidders are encouraged to consult the printed or PDF catalogues for full information on each lot (the online catalogue is truncated). More information on the sale will be included in future announcements.
Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers LLC is a licensed auction firm in the State of Ohio and is conducting the sale in conjunction with Marissa Russell, auctioneer. For more information, please see the Kolbe & Fanning website at www.numislit.com or email David Fanning at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your participation.