Selected highlights of the magnificent numismatic library carefully assembled by prolific author John W. Adams are featured in Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers’ 150th auction, to be held on Saturday, July 14, 2018.
The Adams Library is well known for including one of the finest collections of American numismatic auction catalogues ever assembled. Exceptional runs of classic American cataloguers are featured, including complete or near-complete sets of the catalogues of the Tom Elder, Lyman Low, William Hesslein, Ed Frossard, Ben Green, Charles Fisher, Wayte Raymond, J.W. Scott, New York Coin & Stamp Company, and others. Many of the plated catalogues include ancient and foreign coins, providing collectors of these pieces a rare opportunity to acquire plated American sales rarely encountered in the European market.
A few highlights include:
- Lot 51: The Chapman brothers’ exceptional 1892 Colin King sale with five tinted plates
- Lot 88: S.H. Chapman’s very rare catalogue of the Dr. J.M. Henderson collection with photographic plates
- Lot 99: Henry Chapman’s large-format Stanislaw Siedlecki catalogue with extraordinary plates
- Lot 161: Tom Elder’s 1918 Wright-Pehrson sale with five exquisite plates
- Lot 166: A superb copy of Elder’s 1920 Craig Clare catalogue with 13 photographic plates
While the focus of the sale will be on auction catalogues, a number of exciting books and periodicals will also be included. Of particular note are:
- Lot 14: J.A. Bolen’s rare 1905 catalogue of his medals, cards and facsimiles
- Lot 18: The 1708 Act of Queen Anne regulating the value of coins in America
- Lot 118: A beautifully bound set of the first seven original issues of the Colonial Newsletter
- Lot 282: An entirely complete set of the rare Canadian Antiquarian and Numismatic Journal
- Lot 355: An original copy of the very rare separate bound offprint of Edmund Slafter’s The Vermont Coinage
The extensive, full-color catalogue is now available at bid.numislit.com. The sale will feature live online bidding using Kolbe & Fanning’s custom third-party online bidding platform. Printed catalogues will be mailed to established customers. Bidders wishing to make an appointment to view auction lots are invited to contact David Fanning at email@example.com.
Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers LLC is a licensed and bonded auction firm in the State of Ohio. For more information, please see the Kolbe & Fanning website at numislit.com or email David Fanning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register Early to Bid Online
Bids may be placed via post, email, fax or phone, as well as online. Kolbe & Fanning is using Auction Mobility as our third-party online bidding platform. Auction Mobility is an app-based platform allowing users the ability to participate in the sale through phones, tablets and computers. To register for the sale, bidders must go to bid.numislit.com and sign up. Once you have set up an account, you may browse lots, place advance bids, or participate in the live sale online. Those wishing to participate on their devices can download the new Kolbe & Fanning app through the Apple or Google Play Store.