Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers have announced that their next online numismatic book auction has been posted, and that bidders may browse the sale’s contents through the firm’s online bidding portal at auction.numislit.com. The sale will take place on Saturday, April 16, beginning at 11:30 a.m., eastern time.
The April 16 auction is the latest in Kolbe & Fanning’s series of smaller online numismatic book auctions held by the firm in addition to their traditional printed-catalogue sales and public auctions.
This sale includes a wide variety of material, covering ancient, medieval and modern foreign, and U.S. numismatics, and features 400 lots ranging in estimated value from $20 to $400. All lots are illustrated and feature the full descriptions collectors have come to expect from Kolbe & Fanning.
A few sale highlights include:
- Sambon’s 1885 auction sale of the Amilcare Ancona collection, with three photographic plates (lot 80)
- A set of Mattingly et al.’s Roman Imperial Coinage including first editions (with superior collotype plates) of eight of the volumes (lot 74)
- The six volumes comprising the complete Hunt Brothers collection of Greek, Roman and Byzantine coins (lot 87)
- Mechel’s exceptional 1776-1778 work on the medallic work of the Chevalier Hedlinger (lot 162)
- An original set of Tentzel (1705-13) on the coins of Saxony (lot 207)
- Lester Merkin’s copy of Newcomb on the U.S. large cents of 1801-1803, with both supplemental plates (lot 320)
- An original volume from the American State Papers on finance, covering the years 1802-1815 and providing much information on the U.S. Mint and related history (lot 385).
The online sale is available now for browsing and absentee bidding at auction.numislit.com. A PDF of the catalogue can be downloaded for the convenience of the reader through the firm’s regular website at numislit.com.
Although billed as an “online sale,” bidders may participate in the April 16 sale in a variety of ways: regular mail, email, phone, fax or online bidding (live or absentee). Any absentee bids must be received by the day before the sale (April 15) in order to give us time to enter them. Advance bids may be placed directly online at any time prior to the lot being sold. On Saturday, April 16, beginning at 11:30 A.M. eastern time, the sale will be conducted as a live internet auction.
Customers who have participated online in any of Kolbe & Fanning’s sales will be familiar with the process. Others are encouraged to set up an iCollector account through auction.numislit.com and see for themselves how easy it is. Bidders wishing to participate in the live sale are strongly encouraged to register in advance.
Any questions may be directed to David Fanning at [email protected] or by phone at (614) 414-0855.
We look forward to your participation.
United States Large Cents Currently Available on eBay