NGC will offer a set of three attractive labels for the highly anticipated 100th anniversary 0.9999 fine gold Mercury dime, Standing Liberty quarter and Walking Liberty half dollar. The gold dime goes on sale April 21.
The US Mint has announced that it will release .9999 fine gold centennial editions of three iconic 20th century coins: the Mercury dime, the Standing Liberty quarter and the Walking Liberty half dollar. These three coins debuted in 1916 during a period of change for the nation’s coinage–a time that many numismatists call a “renaissance.” To celebrate their 100th anniversary, the US Mint will issue a 1/10 ounce .9999 fine gold 2016 Mercury Dime, a 1/4 ounce .9999 fine gold 2016 Standing Liberty Quarter and a 1/2 ounce .9999 fine gold 2016 Walking Liberty half dollar.
NGC has created attractive special labels for each of these Centennial issues to commemorate their release. These labels will be available at no additional charge and are the default labels for these new coins.
Coins received by NGC within the first 30 days of their release are eligible for NGC’s popular Early Releases® and First Releases® designations. Learn more about Early Releases and First Releases here. Also see Early Releases / First Releases cutoff dates. See the submission instructions below.
- Submit the coins under the Modern grading tier or higher. If Early Releases or First Releases is desired, select Special Designation/Label and check either Early Releases or First Releases. If you do not want the Early Releases or First Releases designations, the 100th Anniversary label will still be included by default with the Modern grading tier fee.
- To qualify for Early Releases or First Releases coins must be received by NGC before the Early Releases/First Releases cutoff date.
- The default labels will be NGC’s special 100th Anniversary label for each coin, shown below:
- If you would prefer the Blue Early Releases label (shown below), write Blue Early Releases in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
- If you would prefer the Blue First Releases label (shown below), write Blue First Releases Label in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
- If you would prefer NGC’s Standard Brown label (shown below), write Standard Brown Label in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
- Remove the coins from the US Mint packaging and submit them raw in capsules. Do not submit the Mint packaging.
- If you would like Mint capsules returned, select “Return Mint Packaging” in section 3.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $39/year. Join today.
1916 Mercury Dimes and Collecting Supplies Currently Available on eBay