The 2016-W Burnished Mint State Silver Eagle will be released on December 1
The US Mint is set to release the 2016-W Burnished Mint State Silver Eagle on December 1. The world’s most popular silver coin, the American Silver Eagle, was introduced in 1986. Burnished Mint State versions were added for the series’ 20th anniversary in 2006. This year, in celebration of the American Silver Eagle’s 30th anniversary, the 2016-W Burnished Mint State issues feature an incuse “30th ANNIVERSARY” edge inscription — a first for the series.
NGC has designed a special three prong EdgeView® holder to better facilitate viewing of the coin’s lettered edge. Every 2016-W Burnished Mint State Silver Eagle submitted to NGC will be encapsulated in the specially designed holder.
2016-W Burnished Mint State Silver Eagle
A commemorative 30th Anniversary Silver Eagle NGC certification label will be available at no additional charge for these coins. NGC will also offer its popular Early Releases® and First Releases® designation for 2016-W Burnished Mint State Silver Eagles received within the first 30 days of release. Learn more about Early Releases here. Also see Early Releases / First Releases cutoff dates.
To have coins encapsulated with the special label and/or designations, please follow the submission instructions below.
- Submit the coins under the Modern grading tier or higher. If Early Releases or First Releases are desired, select Special Designation/Label and check either Early Releases or First Releases. If you do not want the Early Releases or First Releases designations, the 30th Anniversary label will still be included by default with the Modern grading tier fee.
- To qualify for Early Releases, coins must be received by NGC before the Early Releases cutoff date.
- The default labels will be NGC’s special 30th Anniversary label, shown below:
- If you would prefer NGC’s Blue Early Releases label, write Blue Early Releases in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
- If you would prefer NGC’s Blue First Releases label, write Blue First Releases Label in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
- If you would prefer NGC’s Standard Brown label, write Standard Brown Label in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
- Remove the coins from the US Mint packaging and submit them raw in capsules. Do not submit the Mint packaging.
- If you would like Mint capsules returned, select “Return Mint Packaging” in section 3.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at Service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $39/year. Join today.
American Silver Eagles Currently Available on eBay