The eagerly anticipated 2016 American Liberty Silver Medal went on sale Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 12 noon (ET). Struck from one ounce of .999 Fine Silver, the medal features a rendition of Liberty on the obverse and an eagle design on the reverse. The maximum mintage is 12,500 pieces struck at the West Point Mint and 12,500 struck at the San Francisco Mint.
The default label will be NGC’s American Liberty Flag label shown below:
Coins received by NGC within the first 30 days of their release are eligible for NGC’s popular Early Releases® and First Releases® designations. Learn more about Early Releases and First Releases here. Also see Early Releases / First Releases cutoff dates. See the submission instructions below.
- Submit the coins under the Modern grading tier or higher. The five-coin minimum is waived for these silver medals. If Early Releases or First Releases is desired, select Special Designation/Label and check either Early Releases or First Releases.
- If you do not want the Early Releases or First Releases designations, the American Liberty Flag label will still be included by default with the Modern grading tier fee.
- To qualify for Early Releases or First Releases coins must be received by NGC before the Early Releases/First Releases cutoff date.
- The default label will be NGC’s American flag label (shown below):
- If you would like Mint packaging returned, select “Return Mint Packaging” in section 3 of the NGC Submission Form.
- Please note that NGC’s First Day of Issue designation is available for bulk submissions only.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $39/year. Join today.
American Silver Eagle Coins Currently Available on eBay