The American Numismatic Association (ANA) Road Show will make its next stop at the Las Vegas Numismatic Society Diamond Jubilee Coin Show, May 18-20, at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort and Casino, located at 3000 Paradise Rd., Las Vegas, Nevada 89109.
The ANA Road Show gives members and collectors around the country an opportunity to see some of the most impressive items from the ANA’s Edward C. Rochette Money Museum. Items to be displayed at the Diamond Jubilee Coin Show include:
- The 1804 dollar–Recognized by collectors as “The King of U.S. Coins,” the specimen is extremely rare, with only 15 known examples. No U.S. dollars dated 1804 were actually struck in that year; Class I specimens were struck in 1834-1835 as diplomatic gifts (eight known), while Class II and III specimens (six known) were struck during the 1850s for collectors. The Class III Idler/Bebee specimen was donated to the ANA by Aubrey and Adeline Bebee in 1991.
- The 1913 Liberty Head Nickel–One of the most valuable of all U.S. coins, it was one of five such nickels struck under mysterious circumstances at the Philadelphia Mint. The coins were unknown until 1920 when Samuel Brown, a former U.S. Mint employee, displayed all five at an ANA convention, causing a stir.
- The Famous Errors exhibit–A highlight reel of some of the most notable numismatic bloopers, the exhibit includes the 1955 doubled-die Lincoln cent, the classic 1937-D “three legged” buffalo nickel, the 2004 Wisconsin “extra leaf” quarter and the 2007-2009 “godless” dollars. All of these coins feature errors that are easily visible to the naked eye, making them popular collector items and curiosity pieces.
“The ANA Road Show adds an extra level of excitement to the LVNS Diamond Jubilee celebration,” said Fred Kuch, LVNS Trust Chairman. “It’s a fantastic opportunity for hobbyists to see some of the most legendary numismatic treasures from the Money Museum.”
The Las Vegas Numismatic Society Diamond Jubilee Coin Show is open to the public interested in buying and selling rare coins, vintage paper money and other numismatic rarities. Hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, May 18-19, and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, May 20. Visit www.lvns.club for additional show details.
Coin Grading Workshop Offered Prior to LVNS Show
The ANA’s School of Numismatics is offering an educational seminar–“Fundamentals of Grading U.S. Coins”–on May 16-17, immediately prior to the Diamond Jubilee Coin Show.
This two-day seminar will help students learn and understand how United States coins should be graded according to the latest ANA and market standards. Attendees will gain confidence in evaluating surface marks, strike, luster, and eye appeal through interactive discussions, group activities, and individual study of hundreds of coins from the ANA grading set.
- Instructor: Michael Faraone, professional numismatist and former grader, Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Time: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Mar. 16-17)
- Cost: $259 for ANA and LVNS members/$359 for non-members
For additional information or to register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (719) 482-9865.
NGC Certified Standing Liberty Quarters Currently Available on eBay
|View all items...||(Powered by: WP eBay Ads)|