Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®) and Paper Money Guaranty® (PMG®) have been named the Official Grading Services of VCoins, a major online marketplace for ancient and world coins as well as other collectibles. In addition, their affiliate Numismatic Conservation Services™ (NCS®) has been named VCoins’ Official Conservation Service.
US‐based VCoins, founded in 1998, has tens of thousands of ancient, US and world coins and banknotes available for sale. The collectibles can be bought directly or via periodic auctions conducted by its member dealers and hosted by its VAuctions affiliate. It has 63,000 registered users and 150 registered dealers. The site draws 1.5 million pageviews a month.
“NGC and PMG are widely trusted for their grading, and NCS provides superior professional conservation services,” said Bill Puetz, VCoins’ founder. “Having certified coins available on VCoins and VAuctions is worthwhile for many collectors, and these industry leaders were the obvious choices.”
“VCoins provides a powerful marketplace for collectibles in a platform known for its high standards,” said Mark Salzberg, Chairman of NGC, NCS, and PMG. “NGC, NCS and PMG are pleased to be its official grading and conservation services.”
NGC has graded more than 44 million coins since it was founded in 1987 to provide expert and unbiased certification of coins, tokens, and medals. NCS, a professional coin conservation service, has conserved more than one million coins since it was founded in 2001. PMG has graded more than four million notes since it was formed in 2005 to provide certification services for paper money.
NGC, PMG, and NCS are independent members of the Certified Collectibles Group® (CCG®) of companies. Headquartered in Sarasota, Florida, USA, the companies have branch offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Munich, and London, as well as a global network of Official Submission Centers, Strategic Partners, and Authorized Dealers.
VCoins is only the latest entity to name NGC, NCS, and PMG its official grading and conservation services.
- The American Numismatic Association (ANA), the renowned coin collecting organization chartered by the United States Congress.
- The Professional Numismatists Guild (PNG), a respected US dealer organization.
- Coin Dealers Helping Coin Dealers, a popular Facebook group, as well as Roundtable Trading, LLC, an affiliated dealer‐to‐dealer trading and informational platform.
- The Macau Numismatic Society (MNS), which was established in 1988 to serve the coin and paper money collecting communities in that Chinese special administrative region.
NGC has also been named the Official Grading Service of:
- Sixbid.com, a popular online auction and research platform for coins and paper money.
- The National Silver Dollar Roundtable (NSDR), which was founded in 1982 and counts some of the hobby’s top experts as members.
* * *
About Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®)
NGC is one of the world’s largest third-party grading service for coins, tokens, and medals. Founded in 1987, NGC strives to provide accurate and consistent assessments of authenticity and grade. To ensure impartiality, NGC does not buy or sell coins. Its full-time graders are prohibited from buying and selling coins commercially, and strict procedures are in place to prevent consultants from influencing the grades assigned to their own submissions. Every coin that NGC certifies is backed by the comprehensive NGC Guarantee of authenticity and grade. Learn more at NGCcoin.com.