Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®) and Paper Money Guaranty®
(PMG®) have been named the Official Grading Services of A. Karamitsos International Auctions, an esteemed auction house for world coins, notes, stamps, and other collectibles. In addition, their affiliate Numismatic Conservation Services™ (NCS®) has been named A. Karamitsos’ Official Conservation Service.
Greece-based A. Karamitsos International Auctions began in philately over 40 years ago. It has since expanded to include numismatic rarities among its offerings, with a focus on coins and currency from Greece and other eastern Mediterranean countries. A. Karamitsos has held hundreds of successful public auctions live and online, many involving famous collections.
“We are pleased to announce that NGC, NCS, and PMG are now our official grading and conservation services,” said Polydefkis Karamitsos, son of A. Karamitsos’ founder.“By offering NGC-certified coins and PMG-certified notes, we are delivering greater value and confidence to our clients.”
“A. Karamitsos International Auctions is a renowned name among world coin and paper money collectors,” said Mark Salzberg, Chairman of NGC, NCS, and PMG. “We are honored to have been appointed their official grading and conservation services.”
NGC has graded more than 44 million coins since it was founded in 1987 to provide expert and unbiased certification of coins, tokens, and medals. PMG has graded more than four million notes since it was formed in 2005 to provide certification services for paper money. NCS, a professional coin conservation service, has conserved more than 1 million coins since it was founded in 2001.
NGC, NCS, and PMG are independent members of the Certified Collectibles Group® (CCG®) of companies headquartered in Sarasota, Florida, USA. The companies have branch offices in London, Munich, Hong Kong, and Shanghai, as well as a global network of Official Submission Centers, Strategic Partners, and Authorized Dealers.
A. Karamitsos International Auctions is the latest entity to name NGC, NCS, and PMG its official grading and conservation services. Others include:
- The American Numismatic Association (ANA), the distinguished coin collecting organization chartered by the US Congress.
- The Professional Numismatists Guild (PNG), a respected US dealer organization.
- The Macau Numismatic Society (MNS), which was established in 1988 to serve the coin and paper money collecting communities in that Chinese special administrative region.
- Coin Dealers Helping Coin Dealers, a popular Facebook group, as well as Roundtable Trading, LLC, an affiliated dealer-to-dealer trading and information platform.
- VCoins, a major online retailer for US, world and ancient coins, as well as other collectibles.
NGC has also been named the Official Grading Service of:
- The National Silver Dollar Roundtable (NSDR), which was founded in 1982 and counts some of the hobby’s top experts as members.
- Sixbid.com, a popular online auction and research platform for coins and paper money.