Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers will be offering coin books highlights from the outstanding numismatic library formed by Chicagoan William A. Burd in our 2018 New York Book Auction, which will be held in conjunction with the New York International Numismatic Convention (NYINC) on Saturday, January 13, 2018 at the Grand Hyatt hotel in Manhattan.
We have been working on the catalogue for the auction for some time now, and wanted to give readers a small preview of what they have to look forward to. The following are some highlights from the Burd Library’s offerings of coin books on ancient coins:
- Lot 22: A lovely copy of Boehringer on Syracuse
- Lot 39: A beautifully bound original set of Delgado on ancient coins of the Iberian peninsula
- Lot 47: The first edition of the first printed book substantially illustrating coins & medals, Fulvio’s 1517 Illustrium Imagines (celebrating its 500th anniversary on November 15!)
- Lot 72: A bound set of the extremely rare engraved plates depicting Louis XIV’s collection of ancient coins
- Lot 101: Over 100 volumes of the Numismatic Chronicle
- Lot 115: An exceptional set of Spink’s Numismatic Circular
- Lot 116: Hans von Fritz’s inscribed set of Svoronos on the Ptolemies
- Lot 118: Svoronos and Pick’s Les Monnaies d’Athènes
- Lot 119: An original set of the Sylloge Nummorum Graecorum series on the Royal Danish Collection at Copenhagen
- Lot 131: An exceptional, complete set of Visconti & Mongez’s truly monumental Iconographie Grecque et Romaine
Later press releases will cover highlights from the Burd Library’s books on foreign and American numismatics. The online catalogue for our New York Book Auction will be available by the end of the month. Printed catalogues will be available in December.
* * *
Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers are a licensed auction firm specializing in the sale of rare and out-of-print numismatic literature. We also sell new and secondhand numismatic books on a retail basis through our website at numislit.com. To subscribe to our email list, please see numislit.com or email David Fanning at email@example.com.