The final sales of material from the numismatic collections formed by Eric P. Newman are being sold by Heritage Auctions in November 2018. Sale X will include the final offering of important paper money, while the two catalogues comprising Sale XI will include the remaining coins, mechanical counterfeit detectors and related items, as well as the Eric P. Newman Numismatic Library. All sales are being conducted for the Eric P. Newman Numismatic Education Society.
The Eric P. Newman Numismatic Library was catalogued by David F. Fanning, of Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers. This unique library, formed over more than 70 years, includes rare and important works on American coins and paper money as well as Newman’s extensive personal archives of correspondence and research files. The volume of information included in the library, taken as a whole, is extraordinary. In the area of paper money, it is likely the most important such library ever formed.
Kolbe & Fanning will be attending the auction and would be happy to discuss representing clients during the sale. Please contact David Fanning at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible for more information.
- Sales I through XI are available from the Kolbe & Fanning’s website at numislit.com.Limited Time Offer:
Purchase complete set of 11 Special Edition Heritage Newmn Sale Hardcover Books for $900 (free U.S. shipping)
Complete your collection today!
2. The Early Paper Money of America – Voted as one of the Numismatic Bibliomania Society’s “One Hundred Greatest Items of United States Numismatic Literature.
3. US Coin Scales and counterfeit detectors – Companion book for Newman Collection Sale XI, in which Eric Newman’s collection of counterfeit coin detectors will be sold.
4. United States Fugio Copper Coinage of 1787 – 176-page expansion of Eric P. Newman’s original article published by Wayte Raymond in the Coin Collectors Journal of January 1949. Now the standard work on the subject.
5. Truth Seeker: The Life of Eric P. Newman – The award-winning biography of one of America’s finest numismatists, whose extraordinary collection was formed over the course of nearly ninety years, and whose publications remain the standard works on their subjects. 2016 Numismatic Literary Guild Book of the Year.