Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers will be holding our Sale 147 on Saturday, October 7, 2017. The 500-lot sale includes material from the libraries of William A. Burd and Q. David Bowers and covers ancient, foreign and U.S. numismatics.
Some highlights of the sale include:
- Lot 42: Gallatin’s beautiful volume on Syracusan decadrachms
- Lot 91: Oisel’s finely illustrated 1677 work on Roman imperial coins
- Lot 98: The reprint of Rizzo’s magnificent Monete Greche della Sicilia
- Lot 125: The rare second edition of Waddington on Pontus & Paphlagonia
- Lot 172: A 1724 arrêt of Louis XV lowering the value of the Louis d’or
- Lot 288: A rare interleaved and priced edition of the 1863 Benjamin Haines sale
- Lot 289: Greville & Dorothy Bathe’s scarce work on Jacob Perkins
- Lot 339: The 1838 edition of Dr. Feuchtwanger’s Treatise on Gems
- Lot 370: A bound volume of 16 Hobby Shop auction catalogs, including the rare 1928 and 1930 ANA sales
- Lot 487: A very nice first edition, first printing Red Book.
* * *
Register Early to Bid Online
Bids may be placed via post, email, fax or phone, as well as online. Kolbe & Fanning is using Auction Mobility as our third-party online bidding platform. Auction Mobility is an app-based platform allowing users the ability to participate in the sale through phones, tablets and computers. To register for the sale, bidders must go to bid.numislit.com and sign up. Once you have set up an account, you may browse lots, place advance bids, or participate in the live sale online. Those wishing to participate on their devices can download the new Kolbe & Fanning app through the Apple or Google Play Store.
Bidding Platform Update
We are pleased to report that we have been working with Auction Mobility to improve our online bidding platform and, beginning with this sale, bidders will receive immediate email notifications if they are outbid and will be able to check the current status of their absentee bids at any time.
The printed catalogue of the numismatic book auction has been mailed to active customers. A PDF of the printed catalogue has been posted to the firm’s website at numislit.com for those who prefer that format (the online catalogue is truncated).
* * *
Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers LLC is a licensed and bonded auction firm in the State of Ohio. For more information, please see the Kolbe & Fanning website at numislit.com or email David Fanning at firstname.lastname@example.org. To register for the sale, go to bid.numislit.com. We look forward to your participation.