Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers have announced that our Sale 146 will be held on July 15, 2017. The 400-lot numismatic book auction features selections from several private European libraries and the specialized holdings of an American collector, and covers ancient, foreign and U.S. numismatics.
Some highlights of the sale include:
- Lot 2: Andreas Alföldi’s Caesar in 44 v. Chr. (Band 2, with 156 plates)
- Lot 41: An original 1857 copy of Cohen’s Description générale des monnaies de la République Romaine
- Lot 53: A 1754-55 folio catalogue of Maria Theresa’s Roman portrait coins
- Lot 179: An exceptional volume of pamphlets by Augustin Dupré regarding his role in French coinage, from the library of the author
- Lot 211: Medina’s 1919 volume on the colonial coins of Latin America
- Lot 228: Over 100 years of Royal Mint reports, spanning 1870 through 1986, with only a handful of exceptions
- Lot 230: The first photographically illustrated Canadian numismatic work, Sandham’s rare publication on the Prince of Wales medals
- Lot 278: A complete set of numbered Barney Bluestone auction catalogues
- Lot 324: Ted Naftzger’s plated copy of Elder’s Gschwend sale
- Lot 364: A plated New York Coin & Stamp Company catalogue of the George Woodside collection, bound in one volume with other classic pattern sales from the library of Edgar H. Adams.
Register early to bid online
Bids may be placed via post, email, fax or phone, as well as online. Kolbe & Fanning is using Auction Mobility as our third-party online bidding platform. Auction Mobility is an app-based platform allowing users the ability to participate in the sale through phones, tablets and computers. To register for the sale, bidders must go to bid.numislit.com and sign up. Once you have set up an account, you may browse lots, place advance bids, or participate in the live sale online. Those wishing to participate on their devices can download the new Kolbe & Fanning app through the Apple or Google Play Store.
The printed catalogue of the numismatic book auction has been mailed to active customers. A PDF of the printed catalogue has been posted to the firm’s website at numislit.com for those who prefer that format (the online catalogue is truncated). Bids may be placed via post, email, fax or phone prior to the sale. Bids placed via post, email, fax or phone must be received by July 14, the day before the sale, in order for them to be processed. Advance absentee bids may also be placed through the online catalogue at bid.numislit.com; live internet bidding will be available during the sale itself through the same platform.
* * *
Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers LLC is a licensed and bonded auction firm in the State of Ohio. For more information, please see the Kolbe & Fanning website at numislit.com or email David Fanning at firstname.lastname@example.org. To register for the sale, go to bid.numislit.com. We look forward to your participation.