Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers announce our Sale 147, which will be held on October 7, 2017. The 500-lot sale features selections from the libraries of William A. Burd and Q. David Bowers, among others, and covers ancient, foreign and U.S. numismatics.
Some highlights of the sale include:
- Lot 20: The deluxe three-volume Boutin reprint and reconstruction of the Pozzi collection
- Lot 23: The complete Forni edition of the BMC Greek
- Lot 109: Schwabacher on Selinunt
- Lot 113: A fine copy of the rare Stack’s Galleries sale of the Clara Sobernheim collection of ancient coins and glass
- Lot 137: The Corpus des sceaux français du moyen âge, in three volumes
- Lot 138: The five-volume updated reprint of Belfort on Merovingian coins
- Lot 287: A fine bound group of early Bangs catalogues, ex the Fuld, Bass, and Bowers Libraries
- Lot 298: Bowers’s own copy of the combined presentation edition of the Bowers & Merena Norweb sales
- Lot 357: A bound volume of 32 U.S. catalogues from 1880, one of several bound volumes of 19th-century American catalogues from the library of Virgil Brand
- Lot 413: John J. Ford’s own bound copies of New Netherlands Coin Company catalogues.
* * *
Register Early to Bid Online
Bids may be placed via post, email, fax or phone, as well as online. Kolbe & Fanning is using Auction Mobility as our third-party online bidding platform. Auction Mobility is an app-based platform allowing users the ability to participate in the sale through phones, tablets and computers. To register for the sale, bidders must go to bid.numislit.com and sign up. Once you have set up an account, you may browse lots, place advance bids, or participate in the live sale online. Those wishing to participate on their devices can download the new Kolbe & Fanning app through the Apple or Google Play Store.
Bidding Platform Update
We are pleased to report that we have been working with Auction Mobility to improve our online bidding platform and, beginning with this sale, bidders will receive immediate email notifications if they are outbid and will be able to check the current status of their absentee bids at any time.
The printed catalogue of the numismatic book auction has been mailed to active customers. A PDF of the printed catalogue has been posted to the firm’s website at numislit.com for those who prefer that format (the online catalogue is truncated).
* * *
Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers LLC is a licensed and bonded auction firm in the State of Ohio. For more information, please see the Kolbe & Fanning website at numislit.com or email David Fanning at [email protected]. To register for the sale, go to bid.numislit.com. We look forward to your participation.