Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers are currently holding Sale 146, which will close in a live online auction on this Saturday, July 15. The 400-lot sale features selections from several private European libraries and the specialized holdings of an American collector, and covers ancient, foreign and U.S. numismatics.
Some highlights of the sale include:
- Lot 34: a set of Calciati’s magnificent work on Corinth, Pegasi
- Lot 92: An original set of Macdonald’s Catalogue of Greek Coins in the Hunterian Collection
- Lot 152: The best edition of Vaillant’s Numismata Imperatorum Romanorum (three volumes, 1743)
- Lot 166: A complete set of the Dumbarton Oaks catalogue of Byzantine coins
- Lot 245: Six of the eight catalogues offering the incomparable Murdoch collection
- Lot 249: A reprint set of the 20-volume Corpus Nummorum Italicorum
- Lot 320: A well-preserved copy of the original 1875 Crosby in Lyman Low’s blue cloth binding
- Lot 350: Chauncey Lee’s 1797 American Accomptant, featuring the first illustration of a U.S. federal coin and the first depiction of a dollar sign in print
- Lot 368: A unique set of original annotated photographs of U.S. pattern coins, very likely from F.C.C. Boyd’s library
- Lot 386: A complete 24-volume hardcover set of Stack’s catalogues of the John J. Ford collection
Register early to bid online
Bids may be placed via post, email, fax or phone, as well as online. Kolbe & Fanning is using Auction Mobility as our third-party online bidding platform. Auction Mobility is an app-based platform allowing users the ability to participate in the sale through phones, tablets and computers. To register for the sale, bidders must go to bid.numislit.com and sign up. Once you have set up an account, you may browse lots, place advance bids, or participate in the live sale online. Those wishing to participate on their devices can download the new Kolbe & Fanning app through the Apple or Google Play Store.
The printed catalogue of the numismatic book auction has been mailed to active customers. A PDF of the printed catalogue has been posted to the firm’s website at numislit.com for those who prefer that format (the online catalogue is truncated). Bids may be placed via post, email, fax or phone prior to the sale. Bids placed via post, email, fax or phone must be received by July 14, the day before the sale, in order for them to be processed. Advance absentee bids may also be placed through the online catalogue at bid.numislit.com; live internet bidding will be available during the sale itself through the same platform.
* * *
Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers LLC is a licensed and bonded auction firm in the State of Ohio. For more information, please see the Kolbe & Fanning website at numislit.com or email David Fanning at email@example.com. To register for the sale, go to bid.numislit.com. We look forward to your participation.