Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers announces our Sale 152, which will be held on Saturday, April 27, 2019. The 441-lot sale is entirely devoted to North American numismatics (though a number of important catalogues issued by American dealers offering ancient and foreign coins are also included). Material from the libraries of Doug Robins, Philip J. Carrigan and John P. Donoghue are featured, as are special offerings from the libraries of Reed Hawn, Del Bland and Q. David Bowers.
The sale will be of particular interest to collectors of Canadian coins, medals, tokens, and paper money.
Some highlights of the sale include:
- Lot 111: An attractive copy of the 1911 Stanislaus Siedlecki catalogue with photographic plates, part of a consignment from legendary collector Reed Hawn featuring nearly every large-format plated Chapman catalogue
- Lot 214: A handsome copy of Hickcox’s 1858 Historical Account of American Coinage
- Lot 217: Over 100 Jeffrey Hoare sale catalogues, many being Doug and Rita Robins’s annotated saleroom copies
- Lot 228: James Hutchings’s illustrated 1856 account of the San Francisco Mint
- Lot 263: President Ulysses S. Grant’s set of Loubat’s Medallic History of the United States of America, presented by the author to the subject of two of the medals described and depicted therein
- Lot 324: All four of Wayte Raymond’s W.W.C. Wilson sales, including the rare fourth sale (1928)
- Lot 341: A set of Doug Robins’s fixed price list, A Collector’s Item, from his own library
- Lot 411: An unpublished work on the William Wood coinage, written by Robert Vlack and Philip Keller and annotated by Walter Breen
- Lot 439: Andrew Zabriskie’s rare 1873 catalogue of medals honoring Abraham Lincoln
Register Early to Bid Online
Bids may be placed via post, email, fax or phone, as well as online. Kolbe & Fanning is using Auction Mobility as our third-party online bidding platform. Auction Mobility is an app-based platform allowing users the ability to participate in the sale through phones, tablets and computers. To register for the sale, bidders must go to bid.numislit.com and sign up. Once you have set up an account, you may browse lots, place advance bids, or participate in the live sale online. Those wishing to participate on their devices can download the new Kolbe & Fanning app through the Apple or Google Play Store.
The extensive, full-color catalogue is now available at bid.numislit.com. The sale will feature live online bidding using Kolbe & Fanning’s custom third-party online bidding platform. Printed catalogues will be mailed to established customers. Bidders wishing to make an appointment to view auction lots are invited to contact David Fanning at email@example.com.
* * *
Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers LLC is a licensed and bonded auction firm in the State of Ohio. For more information, please see the Kolbe & Fanning website at numislit.com or email David Fanning at firstname.lastname@example.org. To register for the sale, go to bid.numislit.com. We look forward to your participation.