Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers announce that we will be holding our Sale 149 on April 28, 2018. The sale includes 500 lots of books on ancient, foreign and U.S. coins, being further selections from the extensive library of William A. Burd, among others.
Some highlights of the sale include:
- Lot 20: The complete three-volume set of Attianese on Greek coins of Calabria
- Lot 43: A lovely set of the first edition (1859-68) of Cohen on Roman Imperial coins, bound in matching red half morocco
- Lot 64: A set of the comprehensive catalogue of the McClean collection, now residing at the Fitzwilliam Museum
- Lot 142: An attractive and rare 1614 illustrated edition of Vico on the 12 Caesars
- Lot 218: George Francis Hill’s massive catalogue of the Gustave Dreyfus collection of Renaissance medals
- Lot 273: A copy of the very scarce original edition of Prou’s classic study of Carolingian coins, unopened and in the original card covers
- Lot 312: The Clain-Stefanelli’s complete set of the original edition of Corpus Nummorum Italicorum
- Lot 378: A set of the first edition of Andrew McFarland Davis’s Colonial Currency Reprints
- Lot 431: A bound volume of Lyman Low’s sales, complete for 1904 and 1905, and entirely priced
- Lot 472: A complete set of hardcover catalogues of the John J. Ford, Jr. collection, as sold by Stack’s, 2003-13.
Register Early to Bid Online
Bids may be placed via post, email, fax or phone, as well as online. Kolbe & Fanning is using Auction Mobility as our third-party online bidding platform. Auction Mobility is an app-based platform allowing users the ability to participate in the sale through phones, tablets and computers. To register for the sale, bidders must go to bid.numislit.com and sign up. Once you have set up an account, you may browse lots, place advance bids, or participate in the live sale online. Those wishing to participate on their devices can download the new Kolbe & Fanning app through the Apple or Google Play Store.
The printed catalogue of Sale 149 has been mailed to active customers. A PDF of the printed catalogue has also been posted to our main website at numislit.com for those who prefer that format. Bids placed via post, email, fax or phone must be received by April 27, the day before the sale, in order for them to be processed. Advance absentee bids may also be placed online at bid.numislit.com; live internet bidding will be available during the sale itself through the same platform.
* * *
Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers LLC is a licensed and bonded auction firm in the State of Ohio. For more information, please see the Kolbe & Fanning website at numislit.com or email David Fanning at firstname.lastname@example.org. To register for the sale, go to bid.numislit.com. We look forward to your participation.