Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers wish to remind their customers that their next online numismatic book auction will take place on Saturday, April 16, beginning at 11:30 a.m., eastern time. The sale has been posted at auction.numislit.com, where bidders may register, browse the sale’s contents and place absentee bids in advance.
The April 16 auction is the latest in Kolbe & Fanning’s series of smaller online numismatic book auctions held by the firm in addition to their traditional printed-catalogue sales and public auctions. This sale includes a wide variety of material, covering ancient, medieval and modern foreign, and U.S. numismatics, and features 400 lots ranging in estimated value from $20 to $400. All lots are illustrated and feature the full descriptions collectors have come to expect from Kolbe & Fanning.
A few sale highlights include:
- Cahn’s important work on the coinage of Naxos (lot 20)
- Perizonius’s 1713 work on the aes grave (lot 67)
- The best edition (1843) of Riccio on the Roman family coins (lot 71)
- Dannenberg’s indispensible work on medieval German coins (lot 115)
- An original set of plates to Medallic Illustrations of the History of Great Britain and Ireland (lot 134)
- Barber’s 1841 The History and Antiquities of New England, New York, and New Jersey, including what may be the earliest depictions of the copper coins of New Jersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts (lot 234)
- A fine copy of the ANA Centennial special edition Red Book (lot 395).
The online sale is available now for browsing and absentee bidding at auction.numislit.com. A PDF of the catalogue can be downloaded for the convenience of the reader through the firm’s regular website at numislit.com.
Although billed as an “online sale,” bidders may participate in the April 16 sale in a variety of ways: regular mail, email, phone, fax or online bidding (live or absentee). Any absentee bids must be received by the day before the sale (April 15) in order to give us time to enter them. Advance bids may be placed directly online at any time prior to the lot being sold. On Saturday, April 16, beginning at 11:30 A.M. eastern time, the sale will be conducted as a live internet auction.
Customers who have participated online in any of Kolbe & Fanning’s sales will be familiar with the process. Others are encouraged to set up an iCollector account through auction.numislit.com and see for themselves how easy it is. Bidders wishing to participate in the live sale are strongly encouraged to register in advance.
Any questions may be directed to David Fanning at [email protected] or by phone at (614) 414-0855. We look forward to your participation.
Colonial Connecticut Coppers Currently Available on eBay