The catalogue for the 2018 New York Book Auction, to be held on Saturday, January 13, 2018 by Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers, is now available through the firm’s online bidding platform at bid.numislit.com. The catalogue, featuring highlights from the outstanding numismatic library formed by Chicagoan William A. Burd along with other properties, is also available through the Kolbe & Fanning app, which can be downloaded from the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Printed catalogues have recently been mailed to active clients.
The sale will be held in conjunction with the New York International Numismatic Convention (NYINC) in the Empire State Ballroom I of the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Manhattan (109 E. 42nd Street), beginning at 12:30 pm Eastern Time.
A few highlights include:
- Lot 13: the 1755 auction catalogue of the Richard Mead collection, priced & named
- Lot 33: an attractive original copy of Cohen’s classic work on Roman Republican coins
- Lot 51: the impressive 1708 five-volume folio edition of Goltzius, including the magnificent Icones volume
- Lot 130: a unique printer’s mock-up of Aeneas Vico’s 1558 Augustarum Imagines
- Lot 211: an original copy of Hutten-Czapski on early Russian coins
- Lot 255: an extraordinary suite of 285 original drawings of Lyonnaise jetons from the collection of Ernest Poncet
- Lot 288: the complete Sotheby’s sales of the John G. Murdoch collection (1903-04)
- Lot 334: P.N. Breton’s very rare handwritten catalogue of Indian Chief Medals
- Lot 344: a beautiful copy of the very rare plated W.H. Hunter sale (S.H. Chapman, 1920)
- Lot 374: the exceptionally rare plated Schieffelin catalogue of ancient coins (Scott & Co., 1879), bound with 34 other sales from that year, ex the Virgil Brand library
* * *
Register Early to Bid Online
Bids may be placed via post, email, fax or phone, as well as online. Kolbe & Fanning is using Auction Mobility as our third-party online bidding platform. Auction Mobility is an app-based platform allowing users the ability to participate in the sale through phones, tablets and computers. To register for the sale, bidders must go to bid.numislit.com and sign up. Once you have set up an account, you may browse lots, place advance bids, or participate in the live sale online. Those wishing to participate on their devices can download the new Kolbe & Fanning app through the Apple or Google Play Store.
Bids placed via post, fax, or to the Gahana office phone must be received by Monday, January 8 in order for them to be processed. Emailed bids and calls to David Fanning will be accepted through Friday, January 12. Advance absentee bids may be placed anytime online at bid.numislit.com; live internet bidding will be available during the sale itself through the same platform.
* * *
Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers LLC is a licensed and bonded auction firm in the State of Ohio. For more information, please see the Kolbe & Fanning website at numislit.com or email David Fanning at [email protected]. To register for the sale, go to bid.numislit.com. We look forward to your participation.