More than 700 superb quality rare coins, including many of the finest known of their kind certified for authenticity and grade by Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) — will be offered in a public auction conducted by Numismatica Genevensis SA (NGSA) in Geneva, Switzerland on December 3, 2018.
These historic coins recently were submitted for certification at the PCGS Paris Submission Center, a convenient location for dealers, collectors and auction houses in Europe.
The December auction marks a significant milestone for Numismatica Genevensis.
“This year, with an exceptional auction, NGSA celebrates two anniversaries; the 30 years of the company and its 10th auction. Every NGSA auction catalogue shows numismatics at its best level. Most of the coins, including hundreds of major rarities, that will be sold in Geneva on December 3 are the best-known examples of their type and, for several, the only one or the highest one graded,” said NGSA Paul de Freitas.
Auction highlights include these PCGS-certified coins:
- Lot 143 – Austria 100 Schilling 1938. PCGS MSPL65. A major rarity of the 20th century and the highest grade.
- Lot 247 – England Spur-Ryal. PCGS MS63. Highest grade and of prestigious provenance.
- Lot 304 – Italy 20 Lire 1860 Bologna. PCGS MS65. Highest graded, the best known example.
- Lot 307 – Italy 100 Lire 1878 Rome. PCGS MS64PL. Highest grade and the only Prooflike example.
- Lot 313 – Italy 100 Lire 1903 Rome. PCGS MS64+. Highest graded, a coin of exceptional eye appeal.
- Lot 431 – Italy 40 Franchi 1810 Naples PCGS MS63. Only 18 coins known today. One of the rarest Napoleonic coins depicting Joachim Murat. Superb.
- Lot 466 – Papal state Doppia 1721 Rome. PCGS MS66+. A coin of exceptional quality.
- Lot 528 – Russia 10 Roubles 1836. PCGS SP63. The highest graded and of the most prestigious provenance, Hutten-Czapski and Mikhailovich.
- Lot 546 – Switzerland 5 Francs 1865 struck in gold. PCGS SP64. Only two examples known minted in gold. By far the most beautiful and the only graded.
For additional information about the auction, visit www.NGSA.ch.