It is our pleasure to welcome the numismatic world to Dallas for our upcoming Dallas Signature Auction of US Coins. Auction sessions are scheduled for April 4-5 at our World Headquarters, and April 6 through www.HA.com. The finest material is scheduled to sell in our Premier Session, scheduled for 6PM CT, Tuesday, April 4.
As always, Featured Collections provide an important foundation for any auction, and the five Featured Collections in this catalog deserve special recognition:
The R. Thayer Sheets Yorktown Collection encompasses many U.S. series, although clearly Thayer had a preference for the silver and gold denominations. More than 450 total lots are represented.
We are privileged to offer selections from The Pellegrini Collection of Prooflike and Deep Mirror Prooflike Morgan dollars in this auction, including several examples of Morgan dollar dates and Mints that are seldom seen in either DMPL or PL format.
In addition to The Pellegrini Collection of Prooflike and Deep Mirror Prooflike Morgan Dollars, we are pleased to offer additional selections from the broader Pellegrini Collection of silver dollars.
Here is just a sampling:
- All three varieties of 1797 Draped Bust dollars, including the Small Letters B-2, BB-72
- An 1871-CC Seated dollar graded MS61 ANACS
- An 1878-CC Trade dollar, MS61 NGC, the key circulation-strike issue in the series
- Not one, not two, but three 1893-S Morgan dollars, each certified AU53
- An 1892-S Morgan graded MS63 NGC, rare in Select Uncirculated condition
A significant consignment of more than 200 lots makes up The Martin Peterson Collection. This is an eclectic group of copper, silver, and gold coins, with many better dates and varieties, spanning several series and denominations. Many examples remain in older-generation holders.
The Oklahoma Morgan Collection is a 100% complete PCGS Registry Set in the popular category of Morgan Dollars with Major Varieties, Circulation Strikes (1878-1921). Highlights include:
- An 1878-CC graded MS66+ PCGS CAC
- An important 1901 Shifted Eagle VAM-3 certified AU58 PCGS CAC, a strong example of the rare and popular variety
- An excellent 1879-CC Capped Die graded MS64 PCGS
The Premier Session will kick off with a trio of fantastic Colonials:
- 1652 Pine Tree Shilling, Large Planchet, Reversed N, Noe-4, W-720, Salmon 4-D graded MS65 NGC, possibly the finest known
- Another 1652 Pine Tree Shilling, No Pellets at Trunk, Noe-2, W-700, Salmon 2-C graded MS64 NGC, confirmed as the finest-known of its variety
- A 1652 Noe-5 Oak Tree Shilling, MS64 NGC, a Condition Census example with an impeccable provenance
Other important lots in our Dallas event are numerous, and include:
- A spectacular 1795 Flowing Hair half dime, MS66 PCGS
- A PCGS-graded Gem 1929 double eagle
- An 1873-CC Liberty Head twenty, MS61 NGC
- A Premium Gem 1909-D eagle, graded by PCGS
- An outstanding 1860 Clark, Gruber & Company five dollar gold piece
Bidding on this auction is underway now at www.HA.com/coins!