By David Lawrence Rare Coins ……
Our Sunday Internet Auction #994 offers a fantastic selection 315 New Items and 65 No Reserve lots included a great run of Bust Half Dollars. All lots will begin closing at 8pm EST on Sunday, January 7. Some of the more interesting highlights from this week’s sale include:
- 1866 2c PCGS Proof 66 RD CAM
- 1807 25c PCGS AU53
- 1821 25c NGC MS65
- 1831 25c PCGS MS64
- 1874-S 25c PCGS/CAC MS66 (Arrows)
- 1896 25c NGC Proof 68 UCAM
- 1797 50c NGC XF40
- 1802 50c NGC XF45 (O-101)
- 1824 50c PCGS MS63 (Overdate)
- 1831 50c NGC MS66
- 1840 50c NGC MS65 (Small Letters) *Star*
- 1855 50c PCGS MS65 (Arrows)
- 1795 Flowing Hair $1 PCGS VF20 (2 Leaves)
- 1893-S $1 PCGS XF40
- 1907 High Relief $20 NGC MS64 (Wire Edge)
- 1836 Gobrecht $1 J-60 NGC Proof 63 (Gobrecht Dollar)
Our first highlight is a 1797 50c NGC XF40. Among the most sought-after coins by advanced type collectors, this choice XF example is a nice survivor from a mintage of just 3,918 pieces. From a two-year period, it is one of the most difficult type coins to locate. Smooth grayish-brown surfaces with light, even wear, this piece is ideal for any advanced type collector.
This week’s second highlight coin is an 1836 Gobrecht $1 J-60 NGC Proof 63 (Gobrecht Dollar). A desirable, eye-appealing example of this scarce pattern dollar. Deep mirrors with a silky blend of light bronze and white. A true numismatic rarity.
Of course there are many other highlights, so be sure to browse all lots in this exciting new sale before it closes on Sunday, January 7.
If you have any questions about coins in our auctions, or items for direct purchase, please call us at 800-776-0560, or send an email and we will get back to you immediately.
Thanks for browsing our inventory and participating in our auction!
* * *
READY TO SELL A COIN OR COLLECTION? SELL IT TO DAVID LAWRENCE RARE COINS
We always need coins. When you are ready to sell, we’re here for you. David Lawrence offers three options that provide maximum flexibility to meet your needs, while providing the highest quality personal service in the industry:
- You can sell your coins to us outright.
- You can consign your coins.
- You can participate in our Guaranteed Auction Program.
When the time comes to consider selling your coins, we’ll help you realize the highest amount for your collection.