Our first highlight coin is a 1918-D 1c PCGS MS66 RD. A very tough date in full red, this piece absolutely glows with a light lavender highlight. This example is absolutely beautiful with immaculate fields, and there is only a single coin is graded finer by PCGS.
Our second highlight coin is an 1865 50c PCGS/CAC MS67. Tied with one other example at PCGS as the finest known, this issue is the only one that has garnered the coveted CAC seal of approval. A fantastic survivor from the Civil War era, it is boldly struck with satiny, smooth surfaces and has light iridescent hues making it an ideal CAC piece.
The third highlight is a 1916-S 50c PCGS MS66. Only a single piece is graded finer than this silky gem with a golden tint. Beautifully struck with gorgeous surfaces, this scarce, first-year San Francisco Mint Walker is sure to please the most advanced collector.
Some other highlights from this week’s auction include:
- 1800 1/2c PCGS MS63 RD
- 1909-S Indian 1c PCGS MS65 RD
- 1919-D 1c PCGS/CAC MS66+ RD
- 1897-S 25c PCGS/CAC MS65
- 1919 50c PCGS MS66
- 1889-CC $1 PCGS AU50
- 1844-C 2 1/2 PCGS/CAC AU55
- 1849-D $5 PCGS AU55
- 1851-C $5 PCGS AU53
- SS Central America: 1857-S $5 PCGS AU58 (Gold Foil Label, With Box)
- 1860-D $5 PCGS AU53 (Medium D)
- 1880-CC $5 PCGS AU58
- 1862-S $20 PCGS MS60
- 1876-CC $20 PCGS/CAC AU53
- 1907 High Relief $20 PCGS/CAC MS62 (Wire Edge)
- 1908 $20 PCGS/CAC MS66 (No Motto, OGH) ex: Wells Fargo
- SS Central America: 1855 Kellogg Restrike $50 PCGS Gem Proof
Of course, there are many other highlights, so be sure to browse all the lots in this exciting new sale before it closes on Sunday, March 24.
If you have any questions about coins in our auctions, or items for direct purchase, please call us at 800-776-0560, or send an email and we will get back to you immediately.
Thanks for browsing our inventory and participating in our auction!
* * *
READY TO SELL A COIN OR COLLECTION? SELL IT TO DAVID LAWRENCE RARE COINS
We always need coins. When you are ready to sell, we’re here for you. David Lawrence offers three options that provide maximum flexibility to meet your needs while providing the highest quality personal service in the industry:
- You can sell your coins to us outright.
- You can consign your coins.
- You can participate in our Guaranteed Auction Program.
When the time comes to consider selling your coins, we’ll help you realize the highest amount for your collection.