The Hot Springs Gold Collection features numerous examples of key date pieces in the $2.5, $5, and $10 Indian Head sets, as well as a large variety of scarce and elusive $20 Liberty Head Double Eagles from the Carson City Mint. With several registry quality examples as well as dates and grades for the normal collector, there’s a wide variety of material for all types of collectors.
All lots will begin closing at 8pm EST on Sunday, February 24.
Our first highlight is an 1854-O $3 NGC AU58. A popular and scarce New Orleans $3 gold piece. with only 24,000 coins minted. It has frosty, lustrous surfaces with nice overall eye appeal.
Our second highlight coin is a 1929 $5 PCGS MS62. A key date in the Indian Head Half eagle series with frosty, lustrous surfaces that look like that of an MS63.
The third highlight coin is a 1908 $5 NGC Proof 64. This piece is a beautiful matte proof Indian Head Half Eagle with brownish-bronze surfaces and absolutely glowing eye appeal.
Our fourth highlight is a 1911-D $10 PCGS MS63. It is a very desirable key date with pretty yellow-gold surfaces, plenty of luster and no spots. Just 30,100 coins were struck of this issue.
Our fifth highlight is a 1920-S $10 PCGS/CAC AU53. With a mintage of just 126,500, this is the second-most-important date in the series. Lustrous with light wear, this piece is CAC-approved for quality and eye appeal.
The sixth and final highlight coin for the week is an 1850-O $20 NGC AU55. A scarce New Orleans Liberty Head Double Eagle with oodles of luster.
Of course, there are many other highlights, so be sure to browse all lots in this exciting new sale before it closes on Sunday, February 24.
Some of the other highlights from this week’s auction include:
- 1652 Pine Tree Shilling PCGS VF35 (Large Planchet)
- 1903 1c PCGS MS67 RD
- 1877 1c NGC Proof 65 RD
- 1806 50c PCGS/CAC AU55 (Pointed 6, Stems, Overton 116)
- 1803 $1 PCGS/CAC XF40
- 1868 $1 PCGS Proof 64 CAM
- 1901-O $1 PCGS MS67
- 1852-D G$1 NGC MS61
- 1804 2 1/2 NGC XF40 (14 Star Reverse, BD-2)
- 1911-D 2 1/2 NGC MS61
- 1878-CC $5 PCGS XF40
- 1909-S Indian Head $5 NGC MS62
- 1912-S Indian Head $5 PCGS MS62
- 1914-D Indian Head $5 PCGS/CAC MS64
- 1915-S $5 NGC MS62
- 1866 $10 NGC AU58 (Motto)
- 1908-S Indian Head $10 PCGS MS64
- 1911-S Indian Head $10 NGC MS63
- 1913-S Indian Head $10 PCGS MS61
- 1916-S Indian Head $10 PCGS MS63
- 1932 Indian Head $10 NGC MS66
- 1866-S Liberty Head $20 NGC/CAC AU55 (Motto)
- 1900 Lafayette $1 PCGS/CAC MS65
- 1852/1 Humbert $20 NGC XF45
- 1850 Moffat $5 PCGS/CAC VF35
If you have any questions about coins in our auctions, or items for direct purchase, please call us at 800-776-0560, or send an email and we will get back to you immediately.
Thanks for browsing our inventory and participating in our auction!
* * *
READY TO SELL A COIN OR COLLECTION? SELL IT TO DAVID LAWRENCE RARE COINS
We always need coins. When you are ready to sell, we’re here for you. David Lawrence offers three options that provide maximum flexibility to meet your needs while providing the highest quality personal service in the industry:
- You can sell your coins to us outright.
- You can consign your coins.
- You can participate in our Guaranteed Auction Program.
When the time comes to consider selling your coins, we’ll help you realize the highest amount for your collection.