Canadian symbols and cultural icons grace the newest offering of modern collector coins from the Royal Canadian Mint, which also shine a spotlight on a number of historic milestones. All of these collectibles are currently available to the public.
Leading the list is the 70th wedding anniversary of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and His Royal Highness Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, commemorated on the 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin “A Platinum Celebration”. Designed by Canadian artist Derek Wicks, it features a sparkling engraving of the platinum-set bracelet given to Her Majesty by Prince Philip on their wedding day, which surrounds the royal couple’s cypher and the dates 1947-2017 on a flowing banner, both of which are rendered in vibrant color.
Numismatic milestones also stand out with the selectively gold-plated 2018 $10 Fine Silver Coin – SML Tribute to 30 Years and the four-piece 2018 Fine Silver Maple Leaf Quartet (1988-2018) both celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Mint’s hugely popular Silver Maple Leaf bullion coin. As well, the 1-kilo 2017 $250 Fine Silver Coin – A Tribute to The First Canadian Gold Coin recaptures the classic coat-of-arms design of Canada’s 1912 gold circulation coin, highlighted in gold plating of the same reddish hue of the original.
Other new coins available this month include:
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – First World War: Battlefront Series – The Battle of Passchendaele, designed by Pandora Young;
- The 2017 $15 Fine Silver Coin – In the Eyes of the Lynx, featuring glow-in-the-dark-enhanced eyes in a Curtis Atwater design;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – From Sea to Sea to Sea: Arctic Beluga Whale, designed by Tony Bianco;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Canada’s Coasts Series: Arctic Coast, featuring the color-enhanced artwork of Curtis Atwater;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Master of the Land: The Timber Wolf, a scallop-shaped coin designed by Tony Bianco;
- The 2018 $500 Pure Gold Coin – Great Horned Owl, a 5 oz. coin, designed by Emily Damstra;
- The 2018 5 Oz. Fine Silver Coin – Big Coin Series: 25 Cents, featuring Emanuel Hahn’s classic 1937 Caribou design in selective rose gold plating;
- The 2018 $30 Fine Silver Coin – Gardens of Canada: Halifax Public Gardens, designed by Margaret Best;
- The 2018 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Tree of Life, featuring gold plating and color enhancing a Steven Hepburn design;
- The 2017 $100 Fine Silver Coin – Star TrekTM : U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701, a 10 oz. coin shaped like the famed starship itself;
- The 2018 25-Cent Cupro-Nickel Lenticular Coin animating all six members of the Justice League;
- A trio of 2018-dated $20 fine silver coins, each featuring a pairing of super heroes (Cyborg and Superman; Batman and Aquaman; The Flash and Wonder Woman);
- The 2018 $30 Fine Silver Coin – The World’s Greatest Super Heroes;
- The 2018 $100 14-Karat Gold Coin – United We Stand;
- The 2018 $25 Fine Silver Coin – Classic Holiday Ornament, designed by Calder Moore;
- The 2018 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Holiday Reindeer featuring a Venetian-glass-enhanced design by Anna Bucciarelli; and
- The double crystal-enhanced 2017 $3 Fine Silver Coin Zodiac Series – Sagittarius (December), designed by Pandora Young.
Mintages, pricing and full background information on each coin can be found on the “Shop” tab of www.mint.ca. The products can be ordered directly from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or online at www.mint.ca. The coins are also available at the Royal Canadian Mint’s boutiques in Ottawa and Winnipeg, as well as through our global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.
* * *
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the Crown Corporation responsible for the minting and distribution of Canada’s circulation coins. An ISO 9001-2008 certified company, the Mint is recognized as one of the largest and most versatile mints in the world, offering a wide range of specialized, high quality coinage products and related services on an international scale. For more information on the Mint, its products and services, visit www.mint.ca.
NGC-Certified Canadian Silver Maple Leafs Currently Available on eBay
|View all items...||(Powered by: WPeBayAds)|