A new year signals the return of collector coins which have long been the foundation of the Royal Canadian Mint’s numismatic program. These include perennial favorites such as the Proof Silver Dollar and Fine Silver Proof Set, $100 and $200 gold coins, as well as the Classic Canadian Uncirculated Set. All of these new collectibles and many others are now available for purchase.
The 2018 Proof Silver Dollar celebrates the exploration of Canada by recognizing the 240th anniversary of Captain Cook at Nootka Sound in a design by well-known maritime artist John Horton.
Indigenous history also stands out on the 2018 $100 14-KT Gold Coin whose Bonnie Ross design pays tribute to the 250th anniversary of the birth of Tecumseh, while the 2018 $200 Pure Gold Coin – Early Canadian History: First Nations honors the Algonquian people with the elaborate artwork of artist Alan Daniel.
A very exclusive collectible crafted of 99.999% pure gold is also on offer with the 2018 $200 Pure Gold Coin – Canadian Coastal Symbols: The Pacific, the first of a three-coin series designed by Cathy Bursey-Sabourin.
Other products making their debut in January include:
- The 2018 $3 Fine Silver Coin – The 13 Teachings from Grandmother Moon: Spirit Moon, the first in a 13-coin series designed by Algonquin artist Frank Polson;
- The 2018 $20 Pure Silver Coin – Norse Figureheads: Northern Fury, the first in a new three-coin series of Patrick Bélanger-designed coins revisiting Canada’s ties to Viking exploration;
- The double-thick 2018 $25 Fine Silver Piedfort – Timeless Icons: Caribou, featuring a design by Pierre Leduc;
- The glow-in-the-dark 2018 $30 Fine Silver Coin – Arctic Animals and Northern Lights: Polar Bear, designed by artist Trevor Tennant;
- The 2018 5-Ounce Fine Silver Coin – Big Coin Series: 10-Cent Coin, with selective rose gold plating;
- The 2018 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Canada’s Iconic Inukshuk: Guiding the Way, featuring the artwork of Tony Bianco;
- The 2018 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Ancient Canada: Gorgosaurus, based on a fossil specimen from Alberta’s Royal Tyrrell Museum;
- The 2018 $5 Fine Silver Coin: Dragon Luck, featuring the artwork of Simon Ng;
- The 2018 $3 Fine Silver Coin – Celebration of Love, enhanced with three crystals and color in a design by Anna Bucciarelli;
- The 2018 $10 Fine Silver Coin– Welcome to the World;
- The 2018 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Best Wishes on Your Wedding Day, featuring a heart-shaped design by artist Sylvie Daigneault selectively plated in rose gold;
- The 2018 Gift Sets, returning with the themes of “Born in 2018”, “Married in 2018” and “Happy Birthday” and “O Canada”; and
- The crystal-enhanced 2018 $5 Fine Silver Coin – Birthstones: February, featuring a mandala-inspired design by artist Pandora Young.
Mintages, pricing and full background information on each coin can be found on the “Shop” tab of www.mint.ca. The products can be ordered directly from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or online at www.mint.ca. The coins are also available at the Royal Canadian Mint’s boutiques in Ottawa and Winnipeg, as well as through our global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.
* * *
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the Crown Corporation responsible for the minting and distribution of Canada’s circulation coins. An ISO 9001-2008 certified company, the Mint is recognized as one of the largest and most versatile mints in the world, offering a wide range of specialized, high quality coinage products and related services on an international scale. For more information on the Mint, its products and services, visit www.mint.ca.
NGC-Certified Canadian Silver Maple Leafs Currently Available on eBay
|View all items...||(Powered by: WP eBay Ads)|